PDA

View Full Version : USB Control Box Error

RUSSELL MC
10-26-2013, 04:20 AM
After getting the 3.8.8 upgrade sorted out at the beginning of the month, I have not tried to use the machine until today. When I tried to launched SB3 I got the attached USB Control Box Error message. I tried an uninstall and a reinstall but still have the same problem. In the preview mode I tried a firmware update and got the attached Control Card Error message. I don’t have a clue as to what the problem is as all the cables are connected as they should be. What could the problem be? I hope you somebody can help.

Thanks
Russell McAliece

myxpykalix
10-26-2013, 04:51 AM
It is not making contact with the control box. Have you followed the usb cable into the box to make sure it is connected?

Shut down your machine and your computer then go to your circuit breaker and shut off all power to your control box. Reboot everything.
Sometimes errant settings are kept in the memory of the control box and rebooting it will clear that out.

It is probably more complicated then that but this is a start....
BTW you didn't think there was customer service at 5 AM did you?
Well you would be wrong!:D

jerry_stanek
10-26-2013, 06:26 AM
check in device manager to see if the shopbot is listed. Unplug the usb and replug it in and see if the computer can find the shopbot.

gundog
10-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Did you remove the powered hub? They said it is not needed with the newer control software.

don_roy
10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
it looks like you do not have the correct control card upgrade. You may have upgraded to 4g but you also need a control card version upgrade. I had this same problem and that is what I found out from shopbot service
. I'm now saving up for it.
Don

RUSSELL MC
10-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Have tried everything I can think of including installing 3.8.8 on another computer. With the other install I have been able to get the machine to turn on however it is doing very strange things when I try a C3 the machine does not know where it is . Also spindle will turn on but have not got the RPM display window and no control of spindle speed. I wish I had never done the update to 3.8.8 as my machine has been operating perfectly for the last 2 years using 3.6. At the moment I have a BT48 Buddy boat anchor. Can I go back to 3.6 after having done the upgrade to 3.8.8?

Russell McAliece

myxpykalix
10-26-2013, 10:36 PM
yes uninstall 3.8 and and reinstall 3.6 but remember you have to redo your firmware.
I kind of live by "If it ain't broke don't fix it" and am staying with 3.6 for now. I don't have all the problems i see others write about and i ask, what advantage will the upgrade do for me?
And if i don't think it will help, i won't do it....:eek:

RUSSELL MC
10-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks Jack, I will give it a try.

Russell McAliece