PDA

View Full Version : V-carve software query

denmanmarine
11-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi all,

I just built a dedicated PC to drive our new PRS Alpha 120-60. Pretty basic unit - AMD mid range processor, 8gb RAM, couple of SSD's and Windows 7.

Using the supplied USB drive, I installed V-carve pro, SB3 and Partworks 3D. Only other programs I am running are Rhino 4 and adobe reader with no internet access.

Anyway my query relates to V-carve pro. I have installed and used it on a number of our work computers without issue. The program installs just fine on the new PC and runs but when I go to design a toolpath, I have no router bit library like all the other installations have and when I go to save the file as a shopbot file I get an error message;

"
ERROR
No post processors were loaded from path C/ProgramData/Vectric/Vcarve pro

Reinstalling application should resolve this problem"

Then I can't save the file.

I have reinstalled - same issue
uninstalled and reinstalled - same issue

Has anyone else run into this and have a suggestion?

regards,

Andrew

bleeth
11-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Using explorer or my computer go to the vectric file and make sure the postprocessor file is there. If not, you can copy it from another computer onto a jump drive and put it there.
BTW: Is your program file named "programdata"? If it is called "programfiles" then it won't be able to find them.

adrianm
11-01-2013, 08:27 AM
On the File menu of VCarve click on the "Open Application Data Folder" item. That will open the ProgramData area where the files are stored.

The Post Processors are in the PostP folder and the tool database (library) is in the ToolDatabase folder.

Make sure they exist and you have the correct Windows permissions to access them. It's almost certainly going to be a user permissions issue.

denmanmarine
11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the response guys.

Andrew