PDA

View Full Version : z jog speed setting?

awalt1250
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
My Z jog speed seems to have slowed down for some reason. The Z speed in all other operations seems to be normal. Any idea what may have caused the change? Is there a setting somewhere that might have been accidentally changed?

srwtlc
11-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Andy,

It doesn't get changed with a part file from PW/VCP/Aspire normally. If a custom file was run that happened to have a VS setting in it, it could run different while running that file, but would revert to the default setting when finished.

The default (or a value that you may have previously set) could have gotten changed accidentally though. Depending on whether you're using the full interface or the Easy interface, you can put it back to the default or what you want easily. If using 'EASY', click on the '?' and then on 'Change Speed Settings. Change the desired value in the fill-in sheet and 'OK'. If using the full interface (recommended as far as I'm concerned), you can just click in the Z jog speed value box and type in the value then hit enter. Or you can type 'VS' to bring up the fill-in sheet and enter it there.

It looks like the default speeds for a Desktop are what is shown in the attached screen shots.

awalt1250
11-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Scott. That seems to take care of it.

Always appreciate the Shopbot community lending a hand.

awalt1250
12-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Just a quick update: I thought everything was running good...my XY jog speed changed somehow again too. It was turned up to 12...when I think the default is 4. Does anyone know how these values change on their own? Could a computer crash in the middle of cutting cause these values to change?

srwtlc
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
If you have a crash while cutting, the speeds that were in use during the cut, can be left active in the console upon restarting. 12 doesn't make sense though, but I've seen stranger things. A running file will set the move speeds for the cut and when done the values revert back to what was set on the console.

srwtlc
12-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Andy, is it possible that you hit 'Reset' on the VS fill-in page? I see that if you click on 'Reset' that the wrong values are filled in and the XY jog speed is set to 12.

Best to do a UR to get the true defaults.

awalt1250
12-10-2013, 07:31 PM
That may be how the speed setting of 12 got there now that I think about it.

Thanks again Scott.