PDA

View Full Version : Ball Dog and Dust Collection

genek
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
I had just finished using the dust collection system to clean up the floor. My dog Skipper (looks like Benji) was playing with his ball. I had laid the 4 inch hose down and was going to turn off the system. The ball got too close to the hose and away it went to the 55 gallon drum. Here goes Skipper trying to find where his toy went, he darted after the ball the 5hp dust collection system locked onto his face and the fight was on. luckily I was close to the off switch. Now Skipper takes a wide birth to any hose. by the way there was about 12 feet of 4 inch hose on the floor. the 5hp system will suck a can of soda all the way to the 55 gallon drum.

kartracer63
12-02-2013, 10:59 PM
That's funny Eugene! I'd like to see video of that. I hope your dog is alright.

genek
12-02-2013, 11:20 PM
I think he is ok... However It will be a long time before he goes near that hose or any of the hoses in the shop. He is my companion dog he goes ever where I go and sleeps at my feet. trying to get lose from the hose was the funniest. wish I had had a camera at the time. when I am working he normally stays in the room with his squeaky toy ball and makes noises with it.

danhamm
12-03-2013, 12:08 AM
I would think it very dangerous, it could collapse the animals lungs if its mouth and nose were completely sucked into the 4inch hose.

shilala
12-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I bet it cleared his sinuses out, Gene!!! :)
I don't think you met my dog, Bubs. We just got him back in May. He's about 8 1/2 months old, a Blue Weimeraner.
So far he's been schooled on all the shop tools and managed not to get hurt. He refuses to go around any kind of extension cords or wires because he pulled a lamp down on himself one day.
Sure is nice that they get smart before they have to go to the vet.
If you and I could get smart before we have to go to the hospital, that'd be a big step in the right direction. LOL!!!