PDA

View Full Version : Trupan in Georgia, McDonough

harryball
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I saw some MDF delivered to another site for cabinet doors, it was marked Trupan. It came from Stringer Lumber. I called and they say they stock 3/4" Trupan for $25.00 / sheet right here in McDonough.

Stringer Lumber, 770-957-6663

I've not verified this in person by buying a sheet yet, but I've seen it fall off one of their trucks and called, the prospect looks good.

Robert

cjohnson
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Robert,
I called Stringer and the Buyer said that he does not have any Trupan nor does he know where to get it. Can you recheck this info or possibly list a name of a contact at Stringer?

harryball
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I stopped by their office and took a look. Their current stock is not Trupan, their previous stock was Trupan. The buyer did not realize there was a difference so he put no effort toward keeping it in stock. He purchases Trupan via Dixieply and they currently do not have stock. When he needs his next unit he will try them first before going to Bluelinx for the other brand.

He called Dixieply and confirmed his price and quoted me $25/sheet for 3/4" Trupan. He is willing to order a unit if several people wanted to go in together and purchase it AND he will try to keep Trupan on the shelf instead if it sells well because of the brand name. He can not, however, carry an extra unit of Trupan just for "us" OR guarantee he'll stock Trupan since Dixieply has had poor availability.

I suggest:
If you would purchase Trupan from them then call and talk to Craig. Let him know you are interested in a consistent Trupan supplier. Then call before you purchase MDF and check availablity of Trupan. He is very open to the idea of continuing to have all his normal sales and pick up extra buyers like us just because his MDF is Trupan.

While I was there I also found out they carry 1/2" ACX plywood. It is the white fir stuff one grade up from my current ACX.

Robert

cjohnson
02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I gave Craig a call and expressed an interest. I think he will order Trupan after the current stock of lightweigh mdf is depleted. I went up to Atlanta Wood Products on Saturday and purchased 2 sheets of their lightweight mdf and it cost $41.00 per sheet. Since I'm just piddleing right now, I really don't have any demand for a lot of mdf right now but would like to try out the Trupan. Seems like a good product.
Craig

harryball
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
3/4" Trupan ST in stock in McDonough.

I just returned from Stringer Lumber, they have an entire unit of "Trupan ST" 3/4" MDF in stock. I didn't get the price, you can call and talk to Craig. Stringer Lumber, 770-957-6663

Robert