PDA

View Full Version : Computer experts urgent help!

Bob Eustace
02-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Our control computer is about to die after a long and happy life! Need to know which setting pages we should screen dump or if all settings can be saved as a file for transferring to new computer (using 3.8xx).

Gary Campbell
02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
http://www.shopbotblog.com/index.php/2011/09/the-5-minute-software-fix/

Bob Eustace
02-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks Gary. Things against us a bit as we are the only spot in Australia with thunderstorms at present so crossing everything we dont lose power as we cant stop tye machine at present.

Simops
02-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Hey Bob,

If you are worried about the TS interrupting power up your way look at getting a UPS.....I use 2 x 3 KVA UPS to cover a 6 computer server setup and peripherals.....gives me about 20 - 30 minutes of power to finish up and shut down things without losing anything. Not sure if it enough to run a CNC but you could get a smaller unit (1KVA) to protect your computer at least. Fortunately the power grid down here in Frankston is rock solid stable.

I provide a 3KVA UPS for my customers who buy my simulators (4 server setup) as standard inclusion.....I would not supply computers without one as it also ensures a constant voltage supply. Protects sensitive electronic components from supply failure and voltage spikes.

I buy the Upsonic brand which is made in Melbourne.

Cheers