PDA

View Full Version : Youtube videos won't play in Chrome?

myxpykalix
02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
I use Google Chrome and for some reason most, not all youtube videos don't want to play. I went back to Internet Explorer and it plays, just wondered if anyone else had that experience?:confused:

dlcw
02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
I use Firefox and have not had any problems.

Brady Watson
02-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Make sure you have the latest version of Flash.

-B

adrianm
02-27-2014, 04:04 AM
Chrome should be using HTML5 to play YouTube videos. If you right click on the video you should be able to see which player is being used.

Personally I've almost completely ditched Chrome now (apart from testing my web pages and apps) as Google are constantly breaking it with their never ending series of updates.

dlcw
02-27-2014, 01:09 PM
My Son, who is a web front-end developer for a large company in Washington state has made it very clear for me to steer VERY clear of Chrome. Apparently Google puts personal information gathering code into Chrome and sends it to their data servers without your knowledge or permission. It's part of what Chrome is.

He has told me that his industry contacts, on the inside, know that Google is cooperating with NSA and other federal agencies to collect data using Chrome.

I am not a conspiracy nut or anything like that. Just passing on information.

shilala
02-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Brady called it.
Aside from keeping flash updated, sometimes it wants to look at another flash install and will constantly crash. A fresh install of Chrome and Flash will clear that up. I had much the same issue, but not at Youtube.

kubotaman
02-27-2014, 09:51 PM
What does this topic have to do with ShopBot? Seems like the last 6 months or so there are a lot of topics unrelated to what this forum is for. I am starting to look other places for information that I can receive that is creditable. Too bad since I really looked forward to guessing what the next problem would be.

mark_stief
02-27-2014, 10:08 PM
X2 I think Jack's bored he needs more to do:D

myxpykalix
02-27-2014, 11:30 PM
since i was trying to view Shopbot training video at:
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19214
Posted BY Shopbot....i guess it does have something to do with Shopbot

shilala
02-28-2014, 11:15 AM
What does this topic have to do with ShopBot? Seems like the last 6 months or so there are a lot of topics unrelated to what this forum is for. I am starting to look other places for information that I can receive that is creditable. Too bad since I really looked forward to guessing what the next problem would be.
I hope your day starts going better, my man.