PDA

View Full Version : CNC Pattern Making

Bob Eustace
05-04-2014, 05:18 PM
This is one scarey clip safety wise unless I'm over cautious!

http://youtu.be/v470cY9SxNw

joe
05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
That was the most fun video I've seen in a long time. You're right, everything he did looks dangerous.

His wife is something special. Not many wives would pitch in the way she did. Well, perhaps Shopbot's Nancy would pitch-in.

CNYDWW
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Wow, keep this guy away from a CNC

CNYDWW
05-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Let alone half of the other things he's doing in his shop. I'm surprised he has all fingers let alone still alive.

joe
05-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Looks to me he's a jack of all trades. The main thing is he's dedicated and working hard. I'm going to see if I can get in touch to find out what else he's into.

CNC work isn't so risky. And you don't need lots of fancy software to make a living with one. 99% of my work is done with a simple 2.5D program. Lets see what else he does.

joe
05-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Well it didn't take long to find out what they are all about. Their website tell it all. http://svseeker.com/patio.htm

I'm proud of these folks and wish they lived close. They're in love with life and each other, it shows. They aren't timid or scared to jump right in a project and "Get Her Done".

On their website are lots of photo's of injuries. I'm so glad we have people in this country with the pioneer spirit. I'd marry a gal like this. No more foofoo, expensive, women for me. Mike Jackson told one if he ever got married she would have to be a sign gal. Then along came Darla. Twenty years with a beautiful, talented wife.

gc3
05-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow, keep this guy away from a CNC

naw...that guy is great

i need to send him one of my shirts...

myxpykalix
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Who says cnc isn't dangerous? I seem to remember a guy (Harry?) who got his hand stuck to his cnc via his vacumn:eek:

joe
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Jack,

That's me who says CNC work is safe. About the worst thing that can happen is breathing too much dust. Or an angry customer.

It's real, real safe.

myxpykalix
05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I was being sarcastic:rolleyes:
A long time ago i believe Harry Ball turned his vacumn on and got his fingers stuck under some material, which when i think of it is still funny:D

I gave up woodturning because among other things it was too dangerous to me and so the bot is way safer because you're normally far away from the cutting at all times.

chiloquinruss
05-05-2014, 12:54 PM
"99% of my work is done with a simple 2.5D program" For the bot I use Aspire, but . . . For my 3d print stuff I use a $49 software (Invent) and for my laser cutter I use Powerpoint! Russ

twelchPTM
05-07-2014, 08:00 AM
watching videowith my 8 year old and even he kept saying,''Dad, isnt that dangerous?" and "Dad, He shouldn't be doing that!"

Xray
05-07-2014, 02:21 PM
This is about the worse you can expect from being slightly careless around a CNC ,,, Got my finger a bit too close to a spinning router with a brand new bit and this was the result - Router 1 Finger 0

myxpykalix
05-07-2014, 03:14 PM
looks yummy!:D At least it's still all there:eek: