PDA

View Full Version : Storage Under PRS Alpha

Charlibus
07-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Our newly acquired shopbot is being moved to a place with a lot less space, and we came up with the idea of potentially using under the table to store large stock before it was used. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't any safety concerns with this that we are missing.

We have a standard 4'x8' PRS Alpha and don't have a vacuum table or anything, so under the table is pretty clear. We mounted our control box to the 'front' of the shopbot, so we would be able to slide boards under from the left side.

If we did decide to move forward with this, we are planning on making some ribs that run across the bottom of the machine, mating with the horizontal supports that run along the bottom. This is to provide more support more materials that sag more than others.

Thanks for any help!

adrianm
07-25-2014, 11:40 AM
I made four large storage bins on wheels that go under mine and take up every inch of space.

I did think about an idea like yours but I was a little concerned that I'd put too much on it and pull something out of alignment. Probably just being too cautious though.

Brady Watson
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
If we did decide to move forward with this, we are planning on making some ribs that run across the bottom of the machine, mating with the horizontal supports that run along the bottom. This is to provide more support more materials that sag more than others.

That would be fine. Just make sure the table is properly leveled, first starting with the 4 corner legs & then after it is level, bring the center legs down to the floor and tighten about 1/2 a turn, but check with a straight edge so that there is no sag in the rail above the center legs. Then, tighten the nut on each leveling foot stem nice & snug. This really makes a difference.

Then load up your 'rack'.

-B