PDA

View Full Version : new lithophane

POPS 64
08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
new litho yesterday . Not framed yet just holding up in front of light bulb . Just got to figure out how to do this well on wood:confused:

myxpykalix
08-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm just thinking outloud, have never tried this but....
Take your litho file, save it as a stl, then take it into your favorite 3d program and carefully trace around the different parts like the hair, forehead, nose, lips, cheeks, ect and make each one a separate object and save them separately and call them up and assign differing Z heights and sculpt them to give them the right shapes. Hope i explained it correctly. Again not sure if this works...just thinking outloud:eek:

POPS 64
08-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Jack very interesting thoughts and I welcome all thoughts and help I just need to get caught up gather my patience and dedicate a whole day or two and get this figured out this is the picture I'am supposed to use on the memorial plaque for our family members . This was just to inspire me . thanks Jeff:)

ssflyer
08-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure which software you are using, but here's what I did in Aspire.

Here's the first one I tried, when I first got Aspire. I simply imported a bitmap, create component from bitmap, did a small bit of smoothing and sculpting, then generated the toolpaths.

Not great, by any means, but might be a start.

POPS 64
08-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Ron looks real good first attempt or not I like it. I'am still using PW 2.5.5 from 2008 I'am lagging way behind. Some day I hope to update. thanks Jeff

ssflyer
08-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Well, as long as you ignore the subject matter! :eek:

myxpykalix
08-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Ron,
Why did you use the picture of one of the Doobie brothers?:eek::D

ssflyer
08-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Ron,
Why did you use the picture of one of the Doobie brothers?:eek::D
:D Jack - didn't think you'd recognize it after all these years! :cool: