PDA

View Full Version : Austin Texas, source for Trupan or UDF

dubliner
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I havent had much luck locating 5x10 sheets od UDF or similar, does anybody have a source close to Austin? tx Neville

scottcox
08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Neville,

I spoke to Rob Simonsen (North American Trupan distributor) two weeks ago and he said he doesn't have a distributor in Austin. The closest supply is in Houston at Clark Hardwoods (713-862-6628). I called. They do have some in stock.

If you go to Houston for Trupan, can you pick me up a few? :-)

Calling all Central Texas Shopbotters!!

Let's bug this guy into finding a Trupan distributor in Austin.

Rob Simonsen
Tumac Lumber Co., Inc.
(425) 258-2217

dubliner
08-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Scott, & all others, maybe youre onto something. I'd buy 5 sheets or so, maybe we could get a unit between us all??

billp
08-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Neville,
This is kind of what we're hoping to accomplish through the formation of regional "User's groups". The guys in the Atlanta area did exactly that to get their Trupan.
Maybe we'll have enough Shopbotters show up for the Show and Tell session in Austin on Oct. 19th to get this started (if it doesn't happen sooner...)

jamesgilliam
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Scott and Neville, I talked to Hogan Hardwoods in Louisiana who used to have locations in Texas, and they have been sold to Brazos Forest Products. There is a location in Austin,(same location Hogan was in), and they say they have a product that is the same as trupan. You may want to check them out. James

brcguy
07-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey Austin Botters!

Anyone want to rent/lend me some time on your table this weekend? A v-roller snapped in half on my brand new (2 months) old machine. Nothing led to it, seems like a manufacturing defect.

We're under an amazingly tight schedule and are within 12 sheets of finished for the week. Sheets are taking about 5 mins each, pretty simple stuff.

Anyway, if you have some table time to spare this weekend while I wait for a new roller in the mail, I would be AMAZINGLY GRATEFUL.

We did the clocktower on Aud. Shores on new years, for reference. http://communityartmakers.com

Call if you can help - Dave - 512.653.3840

rb99
07-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Instead of renting the machine someone should rent you the roller.

Good luck!

RIB

ken_rychlik
07-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hardwoods of houston will sell units of 40 for $25 a sheet, but Clarks charges $40 aheet. Hardwoods won't break a unit though. These are 47x97 prices.

Kenneth