PDA

View Full Version : Lumber supplier wanted

khaos
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I am looking for a supplier of domestic and import woods. Hampton Roads, VA would be nice but you know what you want and take what you can get. Currently I am looking for some mahogany and hickory pieces 12"x20"(ish) & 10/4

Some purple heart and padauk would be great. I looked on line and pen blanks are easy. Bigger pieces, not so much.

bill.young
12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey Joe

You'll pay top dollar but Yukon Lumber on 22nd street in Norfolk, just off Colonial, has just about anything you could want.

http://www.yukonlumber.com/

Bill

khaos
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Great to know!! Thanks Bill. Have you used all the care packages from our good friend Howard at Norva Plastics?

~Joe

bill.young
12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey Joe,

Still got some but the pile is dwindling. It was an amazing pile of plastic..certainly the most "profitable" ShopBot event I've ever been to!

I used to live a couple of blocks from Yukon and have been dealing with them since they first opened. They aren't cheap but are great folks to deal with and have an amazing inventory of exotics and domestic lumber.

Bill

dmidkiff
12-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Joe,
I purchase a bowl blank from this guy. Got email from him today that he can make special sizes. Won't hurt to ask. cherry burls @ yahoo .com is his email
Dave

khaos
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Great thanks guys. Any more sources are welcome in the end its all about options.

khaos
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
OK I just got a great piece of poplar 4x18x72 from Yukon. I got there like 30 seconds before they closed and was able to describe what I wanted to do and I opted to get the whole piece vs a partial. all for < 150