PDA

View Full Version : Maine Camp Shopbot !!!

billp
08-22-2005, 08:46 PM
On Fri-Sat. October 14-15th there will be a Camp Shopbot held in Westbrook, ME, at the shop of Scott Hinkel (www.roamtheearth.com (http://www.roamtheearth.com)).
Roam the Earth, Inc
4 Warren Ave Unit 1
Westbrook, ME 04092
In the next few days we'll be posting directions, and hotel info, but if you have any specific questions to ask in the interim you can contact Scott at; info@roamtheearth.com (mailto:info@roamtheearth.com)

team08
08-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I for one can attest that Scott is a great guy and dont hesitate to show up if you have interest in a shopbot. I am still in the works to order mine but with people like Scott in the community it is a no-brainer. Thanks again Scott, look forward to seeing you again and buying more rounds of drinks!

info@roamtheearth.com
09-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Maine Camp Shopbot - October 14/15

Hello,
This note is to inform you that we’ll be holding the first Maine “Camp Shopbot” on October 14/15 at Scott Hinkel’s shop in Westbrook, Me. In brief it’s a 2-day gathering of people who already own a Shopbot, OR people who are interested in learning about a Shopbot. There is no charge to attend, and a coffee/donut breakfast, and lunch will be provided on both days. You can attend either day, or both depending on your own personal schedule.

The schedule of topics to be covered is still not finalized, but so far we have included these sessions;

Holding down your material - a discussion of how to hold a variety of materials to one’s table. This will include a discussion and demonstration of everything from double sided tape to vacuum jigs, and gasket materials.

Carving 3D files – We’ll go into some detail on the methods of acquiring 3D files, including the Shopbot probe, the Roland Picza. Laser scanners, Artcam Pro, and we’ll also have a list of sources where you can download, or purchase specific files. We’ll also supply the names of services that will generate specific files for custom work.

Inlays – Your host Scott Hinkel does some beautiful inlay work on his machine, and he will give a short explanation as to what the process involves.

Software for the Shopbot – We’ll give an overview of the major programs people are using to generate cutting files for their machines. Titles to be covered are; Part Wizard, Millwizard, Insignia, & Artcam Pro.

Show and Tell – A session where we ask that anyone already using a Shopbot bring something they have made with their machine, and be prepared to give a short talk on how they completed their project.

We are looking for other topics which may be of interest to anyone attending, and that’s one of the purposes of this e-mail. If you have something you’d like to see covered please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can try to accommodate your interests.

Please contact us with your intention of attending as soon as you can so we can be sure to have enough materials and refreshments for everyone. You can reply to either the host- Scott Hinkel at – info@roamtheearth.com (mailto:info@roamtheearth.com) 207-650-9662, or Bill Palumbo – baycraftdesigns@comcast.net (mailto:baycraftdesigns@comcast.net) 732-286-2700 (shop) / 732-895-3621 (cell)

We look forward to seeing you in October….

billp
10-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Maine Camp report....
I just got back from the Maine Camp. In spite of the very wet weather we had a pretty enthusiastic group attend our first Camp in the state. Our host Scott Hinkel displayed some of his signage, Bill Thorpe explained how he used the 'Bot to cut box joints, Scott Savoie showed us some samples and pictures of some extremely impressive (and LARGE-1700 pounds....) underwater deep sea products that he uses his machine for, and we spent a lot of time discussing how some of the attendees have found solutions for their businesses. I have posted a few pix on our Camp blog page -http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot/sets/1098146/
Next week- Camp Minnesota....!