PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Camp Shopbot

billp
03-23-2007, 02:11 PM
We've just heard from Mark and Nikki Meggitt regarding the date for this year's Minnesota Camp Shopbot. It will be held on Saturday September 15th. More details will follow in the next couple of months, but for those of you who might want to participate by giving a presentation, etc. you should contact Mark or Nikki well before then...

foamcarver
07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Minnesota camp is just two months away. Please email me if you plan to attend the Minnesota camp my email is mark@foamcarver.com (mailto:mark@foamcarver.com) we hope this camp will be as informative as the last camp was. If you want to bring your accomplishments to show others or if you want to show the other botters how you do your thing let me know so we can plan our day. Any and all questions welcome. I know Bill Palumbo as always will have alot to cool and interesting things to show us.

Mark & Nikki

foamcarver
07-23-2007, 04:57 PM
If you have any questions contact me at 651 442-2762 or by email at mark@foamcarver (mailto:mark@foamcarver) and put Minnesota Camp in the subject line.

Mark & Nikki

jsfrost
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
In conjunction with Mark and Nikki's Camp on Saturday September 15th, Jim's Digital Woodshop will be holding an open house, BBQ, and pontoon boat cruise Friday September 14th. We are in cornfields 70 miles and slightly over an hour south of Foamcarver. If you will be in the area and are interested, drop me an email. For travelers, motels in Burnsville are relatively cheap and about 30 minuites to both locations.

While this is not an official Camp Shopbot event, we can talk about our favorite tool. By September I hope to have an updated Alpha to show off. Parts are in hand and I am working off backlog prior to sceduleing down time.

Jim

brian_h
07-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I plan on being there. I'm looking forward to it!

cookie
08-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Mark + Nikki

I hope everybody is ok after the I 35 bridge collapse. There will be two of us joining you for the camp. Looking forward to meeting both of you.

Bruce

foamcarver
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi All

September 15th is fast approching and we need a head count for everyone that is planning to attend. I will post the hotel info that are close by later today. looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting some of you for the first time.

Mark

nepenthes
08-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I am interested in the Camp. Is there more detailed info available?

Brady Watson
08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Mike,
Contact Mark Meggitt at 651 442-2762 or by email at mark@foamcarver (mailto:mark@foamcarver) and put Minnesota Camp in the subject line.

steve4460
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Mark

Count me in again this year.
Bot on
SV

foamcarver
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone

The list of people interested in this years Minnesota ShopBot Camp are as follows:

Jim Frost
Stephan Voelkel
Glen Kadelbach
Woody Sewell
Joe Nagel & Wife
Miles Thormodson
Andre Plante
Gray Chiles & Jack Johnson
Bruce Koch & ?
Michael Waltz
Brady Watson ??????

If you are planning on attending let me know either by this forum or email me mark@foamcarver.com (mailto:mark@foamcarver.com).

and of course Bill Palumbo with all his shopbot wisdom & wizardry will be here too...

Mark

foamcarver
08-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Below are some of the choices for hotels near us. We have had a few more people express interest in the camp so if you are planning on attending please let us know so we can prepare and make sure all are taken care of and we need a head count for the food and drink. I will update the names shortly so if your name is not on the list and you want to attend please let us know.

Americinn
4675 White Bear Parkway
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Reservations: 800-396-5007
Phone: 651-429-7131
Fax: 651-429-2030
Email: whitebearlake.mn@americinn.com (mailto:whitebearlake.mn@americinn.com)

Best Western
4940 State Highway 61,
White Bear Lake, MN, 55110-2600,

Phone: 651-429-5393

Motel 6
2300 Cleveland Ave N
Roseville, Minnesota 55113
651-639-3988

Have a Great day!!!!

Mark & Nikki

foamcarver
08-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Updated List of those interseted in attending the Minnesota Camp. If you are planing on attending please let us know ASAP.

Jim Frost
Stephan Voelkel
Glen Kadelbach
Woody Sewell
Joe Nagel & Wife
Miles Thormodson
Andre Plante
Bruce Koch & ?
Michael Waltz
Brady Watson ????
Randy Archer
Randy Bicknase
Brian H
Rick Paulson
Denver H.

See you All Soon.....

Mark & Nikki

srwtlc
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Mark & Nikki,

I've emailed a couple of times, but I don't think that they're getting to you as it doesn't look like we made the list.

We're interested in attending.

Do you have some driving directions?

Scott & Ramona

Brady Watson
08-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Marky,
While I'd love to attend your camp, I don't think that I will be able to swing it this year. I have several personal and business related commitments that conflict with the date of the camp.

-B

jsfrost
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
More on my open house Friday September 14th.

The plan is to socialize a bit and relax before Mark's Camp. We will officially start in mid-afternoon, about 3, and have snacks, brats, corn if it is still available cheap and other goodies at about 5. To avoid my liability, bring your own beverage of choice. Weather permitting we will take the pontoon boat out with a few snacks and watch the sun set.

That said, anytime you show up is fine; I typically start my day before 5AM and will be vacationing from the real job that day. If you want to see an upgraded Alpha run, arrive a bit earlier. My upgrade evolved into a move everything adventure, but I expect to fully upgraded this week.

If anyone plans on camping on the way to Mark's there is room for a couple of tents in my back yard. Email for directions/details.

Jim

foamcarver
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
This is the list of attendees to date if you plan on attending please let us know ASAP

Jim Frost
Stephan Voelkel
Glen Kadelbach
Woody Sewell
Joe Nagel & Wife
Miles Thormodson
Andre Plante
Bruce Koch & ?
Michael Waltz
Randy Archer
Randy Bicknase
Brian H
Rick Paulson
Denver H.
Scott & Romona Worden

Mark & Nikki

foamcarver
09-06-2007, 08:56 AM
We have nine days left till our camp - we plan to show some of our tricks - Bill Palumbo will have ideas for vac clamping and as always his insight on unique ways to use the shopbot. We still are looking for some of you to show off your shopbot skills so let me know what you got.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and to meet more new and want to be botters.

Mark & Nikki

rnels
09-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Mark,

I had sent an email but see I am not on the list. Plan to attend.

Randy

foamcarver
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Randy you are on the list

Here is the updated list as of today

Jim Frost
Stephan Voelkel
Glen Kadelbach
Woody Sewell
Joe Nagel & Wife
Miles Thormodson
Andre Plante
Bruce Koch & ?
Michael Waltz
Randy Archer
Randy Bicknase
Brian H
Rick Paulson
Denver H.
Scott & Romona Worden
John Love
Randy Nelson

Time draws near! 1 week away!!!

Mark & Nikki

jsfrost
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
My Friday practice for Mark and Nikki's Saterday event looks to be fairly small. It is cooling down quickly in Minnesota, but Friday is likely to be a perfect fall day for a cookout and pontoon ride. And not a bad day to tinker with an upgraded Alpha. If you are interested and want to eat, email by Thursday PM. Bring a jacket if you come; it's cool on the lake late in the day.

We will see most of you at Foamcarver Saturday. I will have a half sheet of tan/green King colorcore in my truck. Price negotiable. I like what I can do with colorcore and little labor, but my preference is the look and feel of wood.

srwtlc
09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Mark & Nikki,

I'm sorry, but we won't be able to make it after all. Wishing all a great day though!

Scott

foamcarver
09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
2 days till camp... our address is 4270 Centerville Road, Vadnais Heights, MN 55127 our phone is 651-778-2950. I will have the office openbetween 7:00am - 7:30am saturday morning. There will be donuts and drink. Actual start time most likely will be 9:00am. looking forward to seeing all of you. Any questions call us 651-778-2950.

Mark & Nikki

steve4460
09-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks Mark and Bill for hosting yet another very informative camp this year .The pizza and the company was awesome .

Bot on

sv

rnels
09-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks Mark & Nikki & Bill for putting on and presenting the camp! Always learn something each year which I can use or store away for future reference. Great work on the rain forest sign and look forward to seeing some of your next projects!

Randy

brian_h
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks Mark and Bill for a full Saturday well-spent! I learned quite a bit and I still think it is amazing how the shopbot community is developed. For those who don't have a shopbot yet, let me tell ya, this makes a huge difference. I've learned more about my Shopbot in one year than my previous desktop CNC in 8 years! Even though I read the board regularly, the camp provided the details I needed to really learn about different aspects of operating the bot. Like I said, it was time *well* spent.

cookie
09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Mark, Nikki, and Bill
Thanks for a good time. May your next project be even bigger. Thanks again

Bruce

foamcarver
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks to Bill Palumbo and ShopBot for another great camp. I hope all that came got something from the camp. I was to see you all again. If you need anything just call and either Nikki or I will do what we can to help.

Thanks Mark & Nikki

billp
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I would also like to thank Mark, and Nikki for their hospitality as well their willingness to share a lot of information on their VERY unique projects.
If any of you have followed the progress of their "Rain forest" project on the Forum here you'll understand how they have really expanded the range of possibilities using the 'Bot, and they were extremely generous in the amount of information they provided regarding their approach to projects as large as this.
We'll have a few pictures posted later today on the Camp Flickr page, and I'll also try to complete a short article for the Camp blog page as well.

foamcarver
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks

We too had a great time! Every year there's more ideas and great new projects that we've all worked on over the last year.

Thanks for everyone coming- and bringing in projects.

Nikki
nicole@foamcarver.com (mailto:nicole@foamcarver.com)

billp
09-17-2007, 12:16 PM
We have posted pix of the Minnesota Camp on the Shopbot Flickr page;http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot
And there is also a short write up about the Camp on our Camp Blog page;
http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/

jack
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Mark, Nikki, and Bill for the great ShopBot Camp this year.

I would also like to give a big thanks to Jim Frost for the fun time we had at his lake home Friday (shop tour, cookout, etc.)

woody123
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Just got home tonite from Minnesota ShopBot Camp. We had an enjoyable weekend. Thanks to Mark, Nikki and Bill for hosting an excellent day. Enjoy this Forum and hope to have a Bot in my workshop one day.
Bot on all
Woody and Freda