Attempted to cut a 3D [pattern, when I selected the SPB File for the
roughing I received an error saying the VS was wrong see attached screen shot
Was attempting to cut Red Oak
1/8Bn
.75 ips
14000 rpms

Kyle Stapleton
03-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Your move or z speeds are too slow, check them.

jwa1156
03-08-2015, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the info
will check them
Still way behind on the learning curve
thanks again

scottp55
03-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Jerry,
Like Kyle said.
Usually an extra zero or misplaced decimal point, But sometimes somehow you get swapped over to IPM instead of IPS. (usually when importing something from someone else) Just thought I'd mention.
scott

jwa1156
09-13-2015, 05:10 PM
JWA1156 in Miami

Still
having the EF (External Fault) error code, stopping the spindle
I have been able to catch it sometimes and safe the work
but others times lots of time and material wasted
I do know what is NOT Causing the error
Happens when the DC is not running
AS best as I can tell (Legally Blind one eye total in other) wiring is NOT lost.

DO you or any of the other fellow shopbotters have any idea what may be the cause?
I do live in Miami, FL could small electrical fluctuations cause it?

Any additional suggestions for possible fix would be grea
thanks all

Tim Lucas
09-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Have seen something similar - check your tool speeds - I have Vcarve Pro and it looks like this
notice the feed is set way to low .05ips, so if the error hits its defaults to that speed

scottp55
09-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Jerry,
Still no wiser, but adding these just in case you don't have them or it can help someone else diagnose.
First is just the troubleshooting section;
Darn, second complete manual won't take, link here for .pfd for complete manual of our Desktops VFD;
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDcQFjAAahUKEwjl8qiEzfbHAhVDXD4KHaoMCQ0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shopbottools.com%2FShopBotDoc s%2Ffiles%2FVFD-S_manual_en.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGK8za7KvkJ8EDPl5HFo1a77PhaWQ&sig2=b-pXSa6HFzsSspo_IcSvhg
scott

scottp55
09-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Ah. Found that original thread where you described what was happening.
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-21807.html

scottp55
09-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Found this EF info in the archives from Brady.
Brady Watson 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM EF on that VFD = 'External Fault'. Please check the physical connection at the spindle and the orange cable. Unlatch it, pull it out, re-seat it and re-latch...with the power OFF. I would inspect the wiring below the VFD to make sure nothing got nicked pulling it out of the crate etc. There is the big orange composite cable that goes up to the spindle from the VFD, a power cable that comes out of the bottom, in addition to a smaller wire that is the actual trigger for the spindle. Make sure this little wire isn't "hurt" in some way. On the new computer, it is imperative that you install the firmware for the outboard controller via the UI command. Otherwise the machine will run unreliably or not at all. It MUST match the control software installed. -B

Oh, DON'T forget to have had ALL power off, for 10 minutes like the manual says before pulling wires and such.