PDA

View Full Version : How to save great stuff?

kenkelsey
03-19-2015, 09:39 PM
I have been using the forum for awhile, but I don't think I'm using it as effectively as I could. When I find tips that are very helpful to me, how can I save the posts so I can find easily in the future.

I think this feature must exist because I see others inserting links to older posts to bring back a topic for someone else's use.

In the recent months, I have found tons of useful tips and I want to hold onto them electronically (not as printed sheets). Thanks for any help. I did look at the FAQ, but did not find an answer.

donek
03-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Above this thread to the right side, you'll see a "Thread Tools" link. if you click on it, you will see subscribe to this thread. Above that almost at the top of the page is "My Profile" After clicking on that you'll find a "Subscriptions" tab that shows all of your subscribed threads.

gpinard
03-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Hi

I maintain an excel spread sheet. I have 3 tabs set up for different general subjects. For anything that interests me, I put in my own description and then paste in the hyperlink to the forum post or website, whatever in the adjoining cell. In my 18 months of lurking I have collected a couple hundred links to, as you know all kinds of things. A person could use Word or ? and do the same thing. I didn’t see collecting favoites in a browser being powerful enough to do it.
Maybe something like this would work for you.

adrianm
03-20-2015, 05:45 AM
I just use a google search to find the old topics I post up in reply.

srwtlc
03-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Browser bookmarks.

Organize them into folders or just change the description of the bookmard to reflect the said post thread. If you click on the post # in the upper right corner, it will change the address (that you would bookmark) to reflect that specific post. After that, just browse your saved bookmarks to find the thread/post you're looking for. You can also export your bookmarks to be imported into another browser on a different PC or in case of data loss for whatever reason.

cnc_works
03-20-2015, 10:52 AM
I love Evernote. Easy to use, screenclipper, make as many divisions of knowledge and subject as you wish.

kenkelsey
03-22-2015, 09:41 PM
I love Evernote. Easy to use, screenclipper, make as many divisions of knowledge and subject as you wish.

Thanks guys. I new there had to be away. Picked a few ways. Thanks again.

Joseph.fm
02-16-2016, 05:41 AM
Its very difficult to moniter and get an efficiant result but i also make a daily spreadsheet to complete my daily task and matter i have to discuss or answered .

mashaprofy
10-29-2019, 03:36 AM
Hiiii!! I am happy to join new forum! Hope to find something interesting!

coryatjohn
10-29-2019, 08:27 AM
I have an iron clad photographic memory...

(only sometimes the pictures are out of focus)