PDA

View Full Version : Queen Creek,AZ Camp Shopbot !!!

billp
01-10-2008, 12:59 PM
The 2008 Arizona Camp will be held on Sat. Feb. 16th at Barry Boyd's shop:
Creative Cabinetry
26723 S. Recker Rd.
Queen Creek AZ, 85242
We originally posted our first notice about this Camp back in November, and to date it has generated a significant response with over 30 people indicating their interest, or intent to attend.
Barry, Doug Berk, and myself will be heading up this Camp, and from the interest shown so far, it's going to be a fairly sizable group. With this in mind we're asking that if you do plan to attend, please contact any of us, or just send your "RSVP"to; campshopbot@shopbottools.com (mailto:campshopbot@shopbottools.com)
As with all of our Camps we will try to cover as wide a range of topics as possible within the time frame available, but if you have any specific interests you'd like to see covered please let us know well in advance so we can try to accommodate your needs.
This gives everyone in the area some time to work on your "Show and Tell" items as well since one of the best parts of every Camp is learning HOW other people use their Shopbot.
For further updates, watch this thread. For anything not covered here you can reach me at the address posted above. Thanks !

billp
01-20-2008, 08:24 PM
We're still getting more inquiries, and confirmations for the Arizona/Queen Creek Camp so this will be a pretty good sized group. With this in mind we really have to ask anyone planning to attend to be SURE to contact us at least a few days ( a week is even better) in advance so we can plan appropriately. (If you have already sent us a note you don't have to "re-confirm" ).
In response to those who have asked about a tentative schedule ALL Camps start with a "coffee session" between 8-9 AM. Then the actual sessions will begin about 9AM, and then we'll have a Shopbot provided lunch.
The actual schedule is pretty flexible because we have yet to get a complete count of the number of people who may be bringing in something for the "Show and Tell" session. This can run anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on the response.
We will probably run until about 4:30 in the afternoon, but again this is dependent on the size of the group, presenters on hand, and number of topics covered.
Please use the address in the above post for specific questions. I will be on the road much of this week, but I WILL get back to you .....

billp
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
In answer to a number of inquiries in the Camp Shopbot mailbox here is a list of some the sessions we'll try to cover at the Camp.
Software options
Vacuum tables,pods,and pucks.
3D carving
Materials for carving/cutting
Digitizing, and scanning
Sign making
Coatings
As mentioned above there is a lot of flexibility built in here as we'll do a "survey" early on in the day to see just what topics people are most interested in.
It appears that we're going to have a larger than usual percentage of Campers who are new to Shopbot, and in many cases this will be their first time to see one in operation.
Given the time we have, the number of topics we hope to cover,the amount of prospective attendees, and the yet to be determined amount of "Show and Tell" samples, and examples that are brought in we probably will not be doing very much actual cutting at the Camp. For those who want, or need more individual information we will try to arrange
"one on one" demonstrations to be scheduled sometime after the Camp date.
For those current machine owners who intend to bring in items for "Show and Tell"please contact me so I can get some idea of how much time we'll need to block out for that part of the day.Again the size of this group may require that we limit everyone's Show and Tell time so please do NOT bring in your entire portfolio...
With a group of this size we really NEED to know how many people will be there, so again if you intend to attend, and have not yet contacted us please do so at; campshopbot@shopbot (mailto:campshopbot@shopbot) tools.com
(It is NOT necessary to re-confirm).

billp
02-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Friday afternoon software session !
Due to the large number of people planning to attend this Camp we are going to hold a Friday afternoon "software session"for anyone interested in learning about the following;
Shopbot control software
Cabinet making software
Partworks
The session will be at Barry's shop between 1-5 PM. Please do NOT arrive much earlier as we will be working on various other Camp preparations. There will be a number of Shopbot staff available to answer your questions on BOTH days...
You do NOT have to "register"for the Friday session, and it is NOT mandatory that you attend Friday as part of this Camp. We just thought that due to the large number of Campers expected it would help give everyone a little extra time to pick up some tips and tricks...

billp
02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Added Camp topic!
In answer to a recent request we will do a (Saturday)session which explains the process of using your machine to go from an order for "multiple"pieces of the same item, and then making a master/mold to accomplish the project.
One week left before the Camp! So if you haven't contacted us yet to "confirm" that you will be there, please do so in the next few days..

billp
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Driving directions to the Camp !!!
Directions: From I-10, drive south to Riggs Rd. Exit and drive 11 miles east to Higley Rd. Turn south and drive 1 mile until Higley makes a wide turn east and becomes Hunt Hwy. Continue 1 mile to Recker. My entrance is 100 yds east of Recker off of Hunt Hwy. My house faces Recker but my shop entrance is on Hunt.
Directions: From US 60 and Power Rd. Exit Power Rd. and turn south 12 1/2 miles until Power Rd. dead ends into Hunt Hwy. Turn right on Hunt and drive west 1 mile to 100 yds. shy of Recker and look for the entrance to my shop on the right.
The address is 26723 S. Recker Rd. Queen Creek, AZ 85242 Phone 480.899.2626 ( northeast corner of Recker and Hunt Hwy.)note: my house faces Recker which is dirt, but you should never be off pavement until you turn into my gravel shop yard
If you aren't familiar with the area you might want to give yourself a little extra time...

billp
02-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Again we'll ask that you do not arrive in the Morning for the Friday software session as we'll be setting up, etc. Anytime after Noon would be fine...Thanks !

pappy
02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I would like to thank Doc Palumbo, Ted Hall, Ryan Patterson, and Barry Boyd for all of their efforts put into the Queen Creek Camp Shopbot. Especially for the use of Barry's shop and machine. Much more successful than the previous Camp two years ago.
(I got a little more out of it, i.e. "the flu")
Thank you again.
Doug Berk

billp
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
And I want to also thank Barry Boyd for hosting the Camp in his great shop ! We had a few " weather issues" the first afternoon, but everyone got through that OK. By the Saturday we had a good crowd and some good sessions went on. I am having some intermittent internet connection issues at the moment, so I may have to wait until I get back home on Wednesday to post a few pictures of the Camp.

itoolfred
02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes, double thanks to Barry and the guys from Shopbot. I know a lot of work goes into getting these camps together. Thank you again for hosting.
Fred

billp
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM
The Camp blog is up at;
http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/

billp
02-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Pix are also posted on the Flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot/