PDA

View Full Version : Skipping/Chattering/???, etc....on Y axis movement

Adam Buchwald
04-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Hi-

I just received my Shopbot 42" Buddy and I am having a problem.
When i travel along the Y axis, to zero on a fixture or part, using the mouse and control panel on the computer, as soon as i let go of my finger the whole unit seems to chatter and skip. It only happens some of the time, and mostly when I am traveling longer distances. It is creating me to XY home to get the same location. Is this a common thing that happens?

I also have a desktop model and I have never seen or heard this happen on that unit.

Let me know your thoughts

Adam

barrowj
04-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Adam,

I don't have a Buddy but if you call shopbot they will get you fixed up right away.

Joe

Ajcoholic
04-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Hi-

...Is this a common thing that happens?

Adam

Absolutely not. I have had my BT48 (alpha) Since Feb 2012 and have kept it upgraded to the latest software/firmware. Never experienced this even once.

TNWALKINGHORSE
04-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Adam, I had the same thing on my unit and was told bad pinions, bad rails, etc. I wound up replacing 2 driver IC's and 2 Diodes and the problem was fixed. Now it purs like a kitten. It is not the easiest process, but I have a electronics engineering degree, that I haven't used in 20 years, and it still took me a full day to fix. Let me know if you have any questions.