PDA

View Full Version : Problems with VCP8

steve_g
06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Hello all…
I’m wondering if others are experiencing an inordinate number of crashes with V carve pro V8? It’s so unstable that I’ve been reverting to V7 except when I need to use one of the new features that I bought it for…
If I’m alone in this experience, I’ll need to look into my machine. Am I right in thinking that 7 is 32 bit and 8 is 64? Can anyone else think why 7 would be stable but not 8?
Thanks…
SG

adrianm
06-16-2015, 05:26 AM
7 is 32 bit only. 8 will install as 64 bit if you're running a 64 bit version of Windows or as 32 bit otherwise.

All I can think of is that you've got an issue with some of the support libraries (VC++ etc). Probably best to contact Vectric directly as I haven't seen anyone else with similar issues on the Vectric forum.

scottp55
06-16-2015, 06:53 AM
Steve,
You running VCP8.017?
Had problems with 8.016 and the one just before that(8.014?) and sent Vectric the DataDumps, but 8.017(online update only:( still waiting for a downloadable update from ShopBot for my control computer running 8.013)
Haven't had any problems with 8.017 and can now do linear arrays of small 3D's which caused it before.
Control computer hasn't crashed yet for some reason....running all 3 32-bit computers...2 Windows 7 and one Vista(but don't use Vista one much at all).
I'd e-mail Vectric along with the data dump...they got back to me the same day both times.
Good luck.
scott

WMNH
06-16-2015, 07:26 AM
Steve,

No problems here on my old Vista system. Not sure what version but I got it as soon as I got the email about upgrading.

Any luck getting Jon's machine running smoother?

Geoff

steve_g
06-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks for your responses guys… This must be a problem unique to me, Likely some residual effect from my lightning strike! I guess I’ll try reloading software next.
Geoff…
Still working on Jon’s machine… he got busy going other directions and I got busy with my solar wood kiln. We both agree the issue is likely with the smooth stepper and will address that after he finishes up his duties with church summer camps. I removed some of his incentive to fix his machine by letting him use mine!
SG