PDA

View Full Version : Hey good buddy!

tlempicke
07-25-2015, 02:22 PM
I had an epiphany the other day and though I would share it.

I have a T slot table as described by Mr. Coholic on this forum. Really a great addition. I made a Boo Boo the other day and slid the table beyond the bearings and it fell. As I caught it I realized that the table is HEAVY. Not just mine but all of the Buddy tables weigh a bit.

By continually starting projects at 0X and 0Y as located by a C3 move you are leveraging a whole lot of weight out the rear of the machine.

I just did a project and worked from the center point of it. I did a C3, then move x to 20 and move Y to 20, this placed the project much more toward the middle of the table.

It DID make a difference. The Z axis seems to be much more accurate.

Secondly, I spent the bucks to buy an Omer nail gun and a package of Raptor nails. WHAT A TREAT! I started by outlining the raw material using a holder and sharpie pen that I bought on this forum. Just mounted it in the spindle (Don't forget to pull the power plug on the spindle!!) and traced the outline. I plopped the board down and put two nails in where I thought they would not be in the way. Taking the drawing in Aspire I put .260 circles in places where there would be waste. I also put a couple in places where they would not show in the finished project. I did pockets that were .025 deep and put a nail in at each dimples.

I cut my waste down to a tiny handful of little blocks! Not only that, I saved a ton of time and aggravation. I was cutting some really hard Oak, and the Omer nails sail through it like butter. Should have spent the money a couple of years ago!