PDA

View Full Version : Question About Shopbot Link

toolman1953
08-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Hello Everyone, I got a chance yesterday to try out the shopbot link. I drew a simple cabinet up and tried it on the machine. I did an air cut to see what it would do. I just have one sheet nested and I have it set to do drilling first it goes through the drilling fine and when it is done it will stop at that point. I went into Header/Footer it will not let me type in a command for after drilling on sheet 1 to go to a point on the table to change the bit. I looked at what Gary had written in some of his listings that he had posted and they have tool changers listed. Thanks for you help.

Tim Lucas
08-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Hi, the link will automatically run the tool change ( or it does on mine ) a box will pop up asking if tool #() is loaded you click no, a new pop up ask want to use keyboard to move unit to tool change click yes and you can use arrows to move head to desired location to change bit - close keyboard drop down and another pop up change to bit #() when you click yes it will be ready to Z zero that bit
hope this helps
Tim

toolman1953
08-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks Tim, we have a Thermwood 43 at work and i am trying to get my Shopbot up and running. Thanks again.

dlcw
08-25-2015, 12:01 PM
It takes a little programming, but I have my manual change routines setup to move the spindle to a certain location for bit changing, then move to my zero plate (off the cutting part of the table), zero the new bit and go off cutting again. It's Custom_9 where all this takes place.

I can send you my Custom_9, but make no warranty if it will work on your machine. I also, can NOT offer support for it.

Let me know.

toolman1953
08-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Thanks Don, I was looking at Custom 9 to see what i could do with it. If you could send me the file that would help me out . I will do an air cut with the file with the router off and slow the speed down where i can stop it. I have a 96x48 with a new upgrade on it i think it will run fine. Thanks for your help.