PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Y Axis on Upgrade SB Control Software

James M
09-15-2015, 07:27 PM
I recently upgraded the Shopbot Control software from version 3.8.8 to the latest version.

When I ran the zero routine it now zeros at X=0 and Y=48. I ran the SB setup routine and it did not fix the problem.

I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

scottp55
09-15-2015, 08:59 PM
James,
Did you do a UI (Update Install firmware)?

James M
09-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Scott,

I did do the Update of Firmware.

I also ran the SB setup file. It did not resolve the problem.

Cheers,

James

Brady Watson
09-16-2015, 09:36 AM
First, verify that the tool is moving in the proper direction when commanded from the keypad (k or SK command). Does the tool advance towards physical Y48 or Y0 when you press the up arrow key?

If it moves backwards, towards Y0 when you press it, then you need to invert your unit values. Run the VU command and put a negative sign in front of the Y axis unit value. Say OK and test again. It should now be running in the right direction.

Second, check the Y0 side bolt/target and make sure that it is properly gapped for the inductive prox sensor. Shoot for a .02-.05" gap. You might as well check all of them while you are at it. Drive the tool over and check the gap.

Chuck up a sharp V-bit and manually zero out the X and Y individually. Park the tool at 0,0. Now run TS and you should be good. Make 100% sure that you click the 'OK I'm Done' button at the end or it will not save the calibration settings.

-B

James M
09-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Brady,

The keyboard directional movements are normal. I want to confirm that the Y0 proximity sensor is working normally. I don't know which switch indicates that the proximity switch "senses" the "nut". I checked the shopbot website but could not find the appropriate docs on the SB3 control software. Any help here will be appreciated.

James M
09-16-2015, 05:00 PM
An update, ran a test on the proximity switches. When the YZ car hits Y0 the number two and number 3 inputs grey out. When the YZ car hits Y48 the number two and number 3 inputs grey out. For information, number 1 input is lit up and number 4 output is lit up.

James

Brady Watson
09-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Take a coin or other metal object and put it behind the sensor on the YZ car. Does Input 3 light up? Does the light on the sensor itself go out?

Input 1 = ZZero plate (probably grounded out on lower YZ car v-roller nut causing it to light up) Will not affect proxies.
Input 2 = X
Input 3 = Y
Input 4 = ALWAYS on when the tool is or could be in motion. It is listening for the E-stop.

Try enabling the prox switches in VN and see what changes.

-B