PDA

View Full Version : photograph in epoxy?

myxpykalix
10-25-2015, 05:31 PM
I have some real cool photos my son sent when he was in the marines and i'd like to embed them in this bar top and wondered if it is possible to embed them in the top with epoxy or if anyone has tried anything like that?
I have seen pictures and objects embedded in lexan but figured it might not work in epoxy?

Brady Watson
10-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Google: bar-top encasement epoxy

There are plenty of options. Epoxy, polyurethane, polyester...take your pick. I'd advise getting something with UV protection.

-B

Burkhardt
10-25-2015, 09:22 PM
It is very common with tabletop epoxy. E.G. UScomposites.com had some instructions about that. I never tried photographs but remember from the instructions you must seal them somehow (laquer?) or the epoxy will soak into the print paper and make it translucent.

tlempicke
10-26-2015, 06:57 AM
What in interesting idea!
The inkjet printer that you are probably sitting right next to will print on pretty much anything.
How about printing your photo on plastic substrate, like the stuff used on car wraps?
This brings up a discussion about a whole lot of stuff that you could do by combing photos, artwork, and just about any
image that you could lay your hands on.

Bob T
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
If I remember correctly the Whole Foods in Cville has an interesting beer bar/counter in the back with a something similar, beer labels i think.

myxpykalix
10-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Bob T.......I am in Cville. Do you have a Shopbot? We need to get together some time. I have a 5x10 table with an indexer, i'd like to see your set up email me sometime myxpykalix@hotmail.com