PDA

View Full Version : Starting a sign shop

crash5050
11-21-2015, 11:02 AM
i am a disabled,vet, and I can get the VA to help me start a sign shop. I am in need of a sample small,shop/startup business plan. I realize that so,e of the information in these plans are proprietary, and you have my word, and a lawsuit against me if I share your info.

I just need to,show the business profitable in 18 months. If you know of a location where I may be able to,glean this information in other ways, please let me,know.

David

joe
11-21-2015, 11:16 AM
David,

My hats off to you with the new business venture.

Not sure there's such a profile for the sign trade. Perhaps you could check with one of the franchise sign company offerings like "Signs Now" or "Fast Signs". They help set up new businesses all the time. Might be a starting place.

Keep in mind you this trade has several avenue's. Are you thinking of a general commercial work or a specific wholesale kind of operation. And what kind of client base are you after?

Joe
www.normansignco.com (http://www.normansignco.com)

myxpykalix
11-21-2015, 03:10 PM
You might try to get advice on business plans, ect from local AARP chapter, or your local "Board for Aging" (ours is Jefferson Area Board for Aging) made up of volunteer retired professional people.
There should be someone with a disabled vets hospital that could point you in the right direction for outside business help possibly.

upsman
11-23-2015, 11:58 AM
David, I had to write a Business plan for DARS ( Department of Assistive Services) I will help you any way I can.

send me a email address were I can send you some info.

Tim

GeneMpls
11-23-2015, 12:21 PM
This being a CNC router board I am assuming you mean 3D signage? If so- this is a good board: 3dsignforum.com

rb99
11-23-2015, 01:32 PM
I hope you have good graphic skills and have worked as a designer + computer operator+ carpenter + painter + etc. If you think starting a sign business is easy, you will realize it is the opposite.

bleeth
11-23-2015, 02:56 PM
I think he meant the local SCORE chapter (Retired Executives). They help with business plans as well as helping start-ups with advice.
They are a volunteer affiliate with the SBA (Small Business Association) I'm sure they have a chapter in Little Rock.

Stagecraft
11-30-2015, 12:32 AM
David, I would recommend you join the forums at www.signs101.com and explain your position and ask the same question over there. The forum is full of folks that have started their own sign shops, me included!