PDA

View Full Version : Cany find my Buddy!

dubliner
08-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey all. Very strange things going on. This morning was the first chance to set up with "newer" computer. SW found machine and I was able to run a few air cuts. Tried to set home with prox swtiches & it hit the stop on X. Then I could not reset Estop in SW. Not used to the standard yet so wasn't sure how to reset it. Then I lost comm & could not find machine again. Got the Blue screen in XP so reloaded that, reloaded the Iogear, the SBsw, checked USB in device Mgr - says its working but cant find the darned machine, any ideas?

jerry_stanek
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Does your usb port see a thumb drive or other usb device. Go into control panel and under system go to hardware delete all the usb headings and let the computer look for new hardware.

acb
08-30-2008, 07:06 PM
I assume you've tried unplugging the USB cable and reconnecting it?

I've had some strange comms failures following Windows auto-updates, but a reboot has cleared those so far.

dubliner
08-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes Jerry, device mgr sees a hub & I changed the bot cable to another port on it, refreshed & it saw it on the new port, but cant "find bot" in speed test. I just tried a thumb into the Iogear hub & its not showing up as "found" or in "My computer". I had to put a 2.0 card in to give me an enhanced port. I the Iogear into the 1.0 port on the front & it saw the hub, I then plugged thumb drive into the hud & it showed up in "My comp" its like the card on the control box is not active??

dubliner
08-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I just tried the computer from my other bot & it coundnt find the BT, put it back , it locked on. So it would seem like the problem is coming from the BT control box perhaps??

Brady Watson
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Nev,
Try pulling the IOGear USB hub completely out...then plug the USB cable directly into your computer & try it that way. My laptop wants to boot to the USB hub that came with my Buddy. After only a few uses, the hub craped out & I wound up tossing it. I plugged the USB from the control box right into my computer & all is hucky duck.

-B

dubliner
08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey there Brady, I tried it and it still cant see it. When I used the Alpha comp. I put he cables back in different ports, it searched & locked on, so I think it has to be the usb/serial card is not letting data through? When I check the 2.0 card I installed it shows "connected & at 400 mbps" but no packet transfer at all - Man I'm frazzled!

myxpykalix
08-31-2008, 02:46 AM
This is just a guess but if this is a new computer you are using aren't you supposed to reload the firmware whenever you upgrade the control software, or in your case, install it on this newer computer? I feel your pain nev...

jerry_stanek
08-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Uninstall the drivers for the 2.0 card and remove it then restart you computer after you restart shut down and reinstall the card and load the drivers. you should not have to use the iogear hub.

dubliner
08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Somehow, the Iogear drivers got hijacked & Brian w/Shopbot called me on a Sunday, walked me through a few steps & I was back on the road again. Not sure why it happened but he told me how to fix it if it crops up again. Thanks to you all for your suggestions & thanks to Shopbot staff & Brian in particular. I owe him a few pints in October :-)

dave_k
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Gald you got it up and running. Once in a GREAT while, rare but happens, like maybe once every 50 times I connect, my Vista computer won't see my alpha buddy right away. All I have to do is unplug the cable and plug it back in, and I'm in. Simple fix... if it happens often it would be a pain, but not even once a month, so tolerable.

erik_f
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
why not run Virtual PC from Microsoft and run a hijacked version of 2000?