PDA

View Full Version : X axis stopped working

lex
01-17-2016, 07:54 PM
I have a PRT with ASD30E-R-B1 controller and ASM911AA motor. I tried to zero (C3) this morning and the X axis had a slight hum but didn't move. The program said successful zero.

Turned everything off and reset. When it came back up and connected it stated that it was outside of area. Hit continue to disable and tried manual moves and again a hum and stop. Other Axis work normally.

Controller is green lighted, board green light is faint during attempted move. Once it stops SB program freezes and has to be CNT+ALT+DEL to stop and restart.

Unconnected cables and reconnected with same result.

Swapped motor with Z axis and motor moved fine. So I "think" I have a bad control board.

Assuming the controller is bad and I get another one is there programming required?

Anyone else had this happen?

lex
01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
So I purchased another motor controller and installed it. However, When I tried to reset and start I do not get power to the spindle at all and the machine does not start. I checked the fuse and replaced it. However, the first contactor stays in while the other three are out. Is this a bad contactor?
I am getting voltage past the fuse but there seems to be voltage on the last out pole and nothing out of the first two poles of the disconnect.

Any ideas?