PDA

View Full Version : new computer

sawkerf
02-26-2016, 03:08 PM
So I'm upgrading my office pc to a new faster model to handle my KCD and Artcam Insignia. So far I've got KCD transferred over with no problems. How do I get the Insignia program over to the new computer? I've copied all of the files over succesfully, but can't figure out how to get the thing launched. The paf file is there, and the dongle is plugged in. any suggestions?

bleeth
02-26-2016, 03:50 PM
You have to completely install Insignia from installation files (either your disc or via download).
If your reseller no longer handles Artcam get hold of Gary Beckwith and I'm sure he will help.
(support------@--------beckwithdecor.com) no dashes.

sawkerf
02-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Thanks! That's kind of what I figured. I hope I can get everything I need since I did not accept the new licensing terms.

bleeth
02-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Since you have your dongle it should be no big deal at all.

Justin G
02-27-2016, 02:48 AM
So I'm upgrading my office pc to a new faster model to handle my KCD and Artcam Insignia. So far I've got KCD transferred over with no problems. How do I get the Insignia program over to the new computer? I've copied all of the files over succesfully, but can't figure out how to get the thing launched. The paf file is there, and the dongle is plugged in. any suggestions?

Sort of off topic, but how do you like using KCD with the bot? Have you tried using ecabinets to compare? Have been limping through Using fusion 360 to design some shop cabinets, it's slow. Thank you

garyb
02-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Kip, contact me if you need help getting reinstalled, also you still have a short amount of time to do the license update if so inclined.
Gary

sawkerf
02-27-2016, 10:45 PM
I got everything all switched over much easier than I had imagined. Gary, what is the cost and what is the deadline to upgrade? Justin, I've had kcd since 1998, ShopBot since 2004. I have never had any reason to try any other design software, they are always helpful. They remind me a lot of the fine folks at ShopBot. I would however, consider using their nesting and machining software rather than artcam. It seems like it would be much easier to fix problems between the two.

Justin G
02-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Appreciate the feed back, thank you

garyb
02-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Kip, your reseller should have done this but email me with your current version & build & I will let you know your options and cost
Gary