PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy: Zero Plate

rb99
05-14-2016, 03:16 AM
I am looking for some type of zero plate that will work with my SB. I have been slowly upgrading my machine so it has a 4g controller with gecko drivers. I also have upgraded the Z from ball screw to the rack and pinion. I used to be able to use the motors off command and hand turn the ball screw to set the Z height, but now that method is not happening. I would really like a plate of some sort that lets me set X Y and Z.

If you have an extra plate please let me know.

Thanks

jerry_stanek
05-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Easy to build your own plate. Just a flat piece of aluminum and a wire that runs to the input number 1

tlempicke
05-14-2016, 07:21 AM
Shopbot sells Z Zero plates and the code to run it is built right in to the control software.
If you need a special size or shape of plate just build one out of 1/8 inch aluminum and wire it to input #1. Most probably your machine already has a wago connector that is wired to input 1 from the factory.

Kyle Stapleton
05-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Here is the link to the Shopbot store https://store.shopbottools.com/collections/accessories

rb99
05-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks I don't want to buy a new one, I want to buy a used or homemade one. I am in Canada and the new SB one would be over $300 when I get it here with exchange, fees, shipping and taxes. I am looking for someone with a used one, or an extra homemade one.

rb99
05-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Shopbot sells Z Zero plates and the code to run it is built right in to the control software.
If you need a special size or shape of plate just build one out of 1/8 inch aluminum and wire it to input #1. Most probably your machine already has a wago connector that is wired to input 1 from the factory.

Easy to build your own plate. Just a flat piece of aluminum and a wire that runs to the input number 1

Thanks for the advice. Where do I find the code to do the 3 axis?

jerry_stanek
05-15-2016, 06:08 AM
for z zero you set it up in your shopbot setup routine it asks if you have a z plate and you can input the thickness of the plate. It also asks if you have prox switches and want to set up x and y zroing. Once you set them up you will use C2 for the Z and C3 for X and Y