PDA

View Full Version : new ride!

Ajcoholic
08-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Got this June 30... been very happy so far. The 6.6 diesel has a lot of go, thats for sure! Especially towing a loaded trailer.

After driving 4 Ford's in the past 25 years, this is my first GM truck. Although all 4 or 5 of our shop vans over the years have been 3/4 ton GM products.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE, crew cab with 8' box. Its over 3' longer than the Ford Expedition EL it replaces... :)

Its also my first pickup truck, ever (always had an enclosed SUV style or van previously). Although we will always also have a shop van as well.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/ajcoholic/ajcoholic028/image129_zpscudjrega.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/ajcoholic/media/ajcoholic028/image129_zpscudjrega.jpg.html)

myxpykalix
08-19-2016, 10:40 AM
There's nothing like "New Truck" smell...!!!

scottp55
08-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Park in the BACK of the parking lot where you can pull through until you get used to the long wheelbase and blind spots!
Don't ask:)
NICE!
scott

bleeth
08-19-2016, 07:13 PM
And here I am feeling great about finally getting rid of the big Lariat and getting into a smaller Acadia!

Ajcoholic
08-19-2016, 09:55 PM
And here I am feeling great about finally getting rid of the big Lariat and getting into a smaller Acadia!

Funny thing, for the past several years I have driven an extended length Ford Expedition, and my wife a Chevy Suburban. We traded her suburban in, when I bought this truck, and I sold my Expedition privately for more than I was offered at the dealership. She went smaller with a Honda Pilot. She wanted another Subaru Forester (what she had several years ago) but the closest dealer is 3 hours away and I said no way, as it was a PITA to take a day off for any warranty work.

I looked for several months for a used crew cab with an 8' box - they are rare here. All the contractors buy these trucks with 4' or 6.5' boxes.. which I dont understand. I wanted 8', and I need a crew cab for the kids. My van doesnt have any seating in it other than the two front seats. I saw this one at the local dealer (brought in in May, for someone who later changed their mind) and decided to go for it. Its my first brand new vehicle.

I tend to keep vehicles well past the warranty (even past the extended warranty which I always buy) so I hope this truck treats me as well as the last several (all Fords) I have had. Mind you, my current van is a 2001, and still mechanically great although one more winter will probably rust the body enough to where I will have to consider a replacement... which will prob be another GMC.

jerry_stanek
08-20-2016, 05:01 AM
I had 3 crew cabs with 8 ft beds before I downsized to a reg cab boy I miss the extra room may get an extended cab but it has to have an 8 ft bed.

willmorgan
08-20-2016, 08:31 AM
Great buy, I have an 8' bed as well and about 230000 miles on the 2001 Diesel. It will treat you well! Congrats.