PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Vacuum filter canister

Tim Lucas
10-27-2016, 06:58 AM
Anyone know where I can get the vacuum filter can itself??

Thanks
Tim

phil_o
10-27-2016, 11:09 AM
I got mine from Wynn https://wynnenv.com/woodworking-filters/ Good people to deal with. I called and they helped me select the right filter for my unit.

Phil

jTr
10-27-2016, 11:33 AM
I strongly second that recommendation from Phil.

Jeff

Tim Lucas
10-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear , looking for the can that holds a filter like the home depot shop vac but for my vacuum hold down setup

scottp55
10-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Maybe a picture Tim?

Kyle Stapleton
10-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Is your vac grid open to your shop or do you glue your spoiler board to it?
If your spoiler board is glued to it I see no reason to add a filter. Nothing but air is getting through that mdf.

Tim Lucas
10-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Is your vac grid open to your shop or do you glue your spoiler board to it?
If your spoiler board is glued to it I see no reason to add a filter. Nothing but air is getting through that mdf.

I do glue the edges but I have cut through my spoil board and had I not had a filter:( I would have lost the lighthouse motors

Tim Lucas
10-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Maybe a picture Tim?

Yes Scott I think a picture would be lots better

I have a filter at the opening of my not black box now but have no easy way to take it out and clean it so I would like to find the housing for a removable filter.

I thought at one time I read where the Home Depot brand shop vac filter fits in one of these housings.

Thanks
Tim

tlempicke
10-28-2016, 01:48 PM
This is my solution for the problem. It was made from scrap that I had on hand so I can't really put a price on it. The plexi is 1/2 inch thick. Gasket came from All Star Adhesives. To fasten in the plastic plumbing ends I used some gas tank sealer that I had on hand. It is a two part epoxy product that really sticks well. I am sure most any caulk would do this job. After I finished I schmeared a little silicon sealer on the edges while it was under vacuum to help seal. It works great with no leaks at all that I can detect. The filter itself is a $10 unit from Ace Hardware that was sold as a filter for your shopvac.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29211&stc=1http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29212&stc=1http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29213&stc=1

jTr
10-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Super cheap. Very easy. (Though Tom's is much sexier!)

Old gallon bucket of plastic resin glue. PVC fittings screwed in place, sealed with silicone. Filter was about 10 bucks.

I like the black bullet end- any debris hits it vs paper in event of a disaster. Glued a couple scraps on inside edge of bucket to help seat the orange gasket base against lid for a proper seal. Lid is a snap lock and seals perfectly. Fits in line just outside my 4 motor black box, which has been running trouble free close to 5 years now.

Jeff

Simops
10-29-2016, 01:34 AM
Yes Scott I think a picture would be lots better

I have a filter at the opening of my not black box now but have no easy way to take it out and clean it so I would like to find the housing for a removable filter.

I thought at one time I read where the Home Depot brand shop vac filter fits in one of these housings.

Thanks
Tim

This my canister filter.....similar to the pic you show.....
Purchased it from same Chinese place I got my pump

Tim Lucas
10-29-2016, 05:58 AM
Yes that's what I am looking for;)

Simops - do you have a web site where you bought it ?

Simops
10-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Standby.....I'll find the contact email for you tomorrow ....it's on my work computer .......

Simops
10-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Standby.....I'll find the contact email for you tomorrow ....it's on my work computer .......

I purchased from the Golden Bridge Precision Machinery Co Ltd. The air filter pictured (black canister) is 34USD per piece when I bought it a couple years ago.
email contact is Kate: zhaoyunxia@jnjqt.com

cheers

Tim Lucas
10-30-2016, 07:36 PM
I purchased from the Golden Bridge Precision Machinery Co Ltd. The air filter pictured (black canister) is 34USD per piece when I bought it a couple years ago.
email contact is Kate: zhaoyunxia@jnjqt.com

cheers

Thank you !!