PDA

View Full Version : PR & PRT Control Upgrades

Gary Campbell
11-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Just in time to order and get the 2016 tax break. Custom Control replacement systems for PR & PRT standard (PC chassis style) models.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29297&stc=1

https://youtu.be/W1Cw5W-51j4

For more info email: GCnC411@gmail.com

Tom Bachman
11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
How much do these run?

Gary Campbell
11-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Tom...
Specs and option pricing is in the attached pdf file

Gary Campbell
11-18-2016, 02:34 PM
To clarify a couple of email questions about the NEMA23 belt reduction units:

Can be seen in motion here: https://youtu.be/7AAq8SpJT-w at a minute, 16 seconds into the video.

Note: This is a previous version that did not use the ShopBot RBK I/O board that is no longer produced. Many of the components and for sure the belt reduction units are the same. The I/O board has been upgraded to the RBK version to enable added function and safety features.

Gary Campbell
11-30-2016, 09:27 AM
I am now happy to announce that due to volume and favorable purchasing agreements with suppliers that the base price for the REZurrection Control System has been lowered by $100 to $1695. Option pricing unchanged.

We also are now able to provide new, latest model ShopBot Controller cards with these systems should you desire one. Customers that order a new controller card with their system will receive a $100 discount on the assembled and tested system

Customers that have an old controller card to turn in will receive an additional $100 credit for it.

Gary Campbell
12-08-2016, 12:32 PM
To clarify a number of emails, that if you have any one of the PC chassis based systems, the basic REZurrection system replaces it and retains all original function. There will also be additional functions (from the RBK I/O board): more inputs and outputs (up to 12) and control for 2 spindles and/or routers. Spindle control logic (on/off) is built in. If you wish to have router control (on/off) the router contactor is required.

None of the other options are required unless you wish to add additional features.

Gary Campbell
01-12-2017, 10:57 AM
I am adding a belt drive product for PRS standard models to the REZurrection line. This will allow pre RBK PRS standard users to take advantage of the features of ShopBot's newest safety features and control enhancements by our utilization of the RBK I/O board and its compatibility with the latest generations of SB controller cards.

This system will also allow use of more modern digital drives and motors resulting in a substantial increase in cutting speeds, rapids and cut quality over the 4G.

This is a perfect upgrade for those that have put a lot of miles on the old gearboxes during frequent use, or have had a production requirement that is higher than when the machine was purchased.

For NEMA 23 nongeared motors (3/8 shaft): $325 ea with 350 ozin motor: $400

For NEMA 23 nongeared motors (3/8 shaft): $325 ea with 500 ozin motor: $420

For NEMA 34 nongeared motors (1/2 Shaft): $350 ea with 600 ozin motor: $450

Other combinations, including custom configurations, are available.

For more info contact: GCnC411@gmail.com

Gary Campbell
01-13-2017, 08:56 AM
An omission from the previous post: When purchased with a matching control system, deduct $50 each ($200 total for set of 4) from any of the above belt drive prices.

EricSchimel
01-14-2017, 09:27 AM
As a current owner of these belt boxes and motors I can say that it's an excellent upgrade.

makeCNC
01-16-2017, 12:44 PM
HI Gary you have a PM

randydimmette
01-19-2017, 10:33 AM
I have and older shopbot with that i upgraded with the 4g card. what all do you recommend for the upgrade to the rezurrection? also is the 4g card worth anything?

Gary Campbell
01-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Randy...
Assuming all the components are in place and operable there will always be some value for any ShopBot control box. I would assume that as these legacy components degrade and become inoperable over time that value will decline. That said, one of the benefits of upgrading to a REZurrection system is the resale value of existing control components to your peers. A number of users have been able to reduce the cost of new REZurrection system by 35 to 50% by reselling their used control boxes.

I will not comment on recommendations or actual value, for the obvious reasons, but hopefully those that have upgraded will share their experience.

randydimmette
01-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Randy...
Assuming all the components are in place and operable there will always be some value for any ShopBot control box. I would assume that as these legacy components degrade and become inoperable over time that value will decline. That said, one of the benefits of upgrading to a REZurrection system is the resale value of existing control components to your peers. A number of users have been able to reduce the cost of new REZurrection system by 35 to 50% by reselling their used control boxes.

I will not comment on recommendations or actual value, for the obvious reasons, but hopefully those that have upgraded will share their experience.

Thanks, how does the rezurrection compare to the alpha?

Gary Campbell
01-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Randy...
I have sold systems that have cutting ability near that of the alpha, but are limited to 15ips rapids. These, of course, are higher priced offerings than what is shown in this thread. Also, I am hesitant to sell these systems to owners that do not have the latest model PRT's and only if they have the hardened rail upgrade.

What you can expect with the system shown in this thread with the optional belt drives is smoother cutting at 3-4ips with 1.5 to 2 times the cut depth and jog speeds in the 8-10ips range. This assumes that your V rails and rollers are in good shape and adjusted properly.

Send an email to GCnC411@gmail.com for more info

Gary Campbell
04-12-2017, 09:45 PM
To helpfully reduce some confusion....

Spindle on and off via software command is a feature of the SB RBK board and is included with all REZurrection controls.

If you wish to add software control of a router (or 2) you will need to add an optional router contactor. IF you wish, these can be prewired with cords and ands for a plug and play installation.

Gary Campbell
05-29-2017, 03:34 PM
I wanted to post an update to this thread. Due to recent experience, I now find it necessary to include a ShopBot Controller Card with all REZurrection control systems. I apologize for the $350 increase in price.

History has shown that in most cases customers that purchased a control box and wished to use their existing controller card were overwhelmed with connection issues and numerous other related problems. In a few cases, the new control system had the same problems as the old.

In the end, the majority of these ended up being problems with the customer's computer and its inability to "hold" a USB connection, and may have been the reason the customer chose to purchase the REZurrection system.

I do not wish to sell a control system, when you may need a computer. I also do not wish to sell any system without completely testing it in it's working configuration. Thank you for your patience.

The $100 "core charge" on old controllers still applies. Anyone that sends me their old controller card will receive a $100 credit towards the purchase price.

rb99
06-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Can I use the belt drives with a 4g box on an old pr with an upgraded Z? If so can I use my same motors?

Thanks

Gary Campbell
06-04-2017, 09:02 AM
The NEMA 23 and 34 belt drives will work on any PRT. Some of the older models with the short angle iron bracket require drilling a new pivot hole to keep the motor in the center of the car. The NEMA 23 Z unit comes drilled and tapped for 3 or 4 mounting options on the PRT. Only the NEMA 34 Z unit has a bolt pattern for ShopBot's Retro Z.

You cannot use any of the original gear motors with these belt drives. You cannot add belt drives and motors to any of the control boxes that are housed in a PC chassis. The originals were designed for 1, 1 1/2, or 2 amp motors. The ones I provide are 4 1/2 to 7 amps. They are an improvement because they have so much more power.

EricSchimel
09-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Figured I'd drop in a 6 month update on my Rezurection system...

I had an old 4G system on my PRS Standard that needed upgrading. Gary built me this box: (fast forward to 2:30 to see the control box)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U6QszrM0wcXWCa8i1

Here it is on Gary's bench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSR0YYE44jQ

This was a complete system. Totally new control board (ShopBot RBK) new drivers, wiring, and new motors with Gary's belt drive. My old motors had a lot of backlash in them from years of use. This new system is incredbily tight. My cut quality has gone up signifigantly. Since I had a PRS Gary was able to "hot rod" this system. It's got gobs of power now. I typically jog at 18 IPS with pretty aggressive ramping. I can push it hard and I never have to worry about losing any steps because I'm not operating near the motor's limits. I do a bunch of small production runs on a regular basis like this HDPE job:

I cut these parts in 24" squares. When I first started out on the PRS with the old 4G system it took about 30 minutes to do one of these squares. Now with this new system (And an air drill) I've gotten that cut time down to 9 minutes. On top of that the cut quality is much better. So while it's cool to be able to say "I can jog at 18 IPS" the real advantage for me is that my production speed (and quality) is much better.

So shout out to Gary for building me an awesome system!