PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Undefined Variable

Keith Larrett
01-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Trying to run C3 and part way through I am getting the following error message:

Undefined variable: PLATEOFFSET [(-1)*&home_th-&PlateOffset; 0]

Can anyone tell me what is causing it and how to make it go away?

Thank you!

srwtlc
01-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Keith,

I wonder if maybe one or more of you ATC files has gotten corrupted. After getting this error, if you go to UL (utilities, list current variables), do you see the &PlateOffset = variable there? If you open C:\SbParts\Custom\ATC_Local_Data/ATC_tool_variables.sbc in SBEdit, do you see that variable on line #9?

I don't have an ATC, but you just need to follow the trail of variables and related files to try to see what's missing.

Keith Larrett
01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Scott

Thanks for the reply! I did check those two files and I didn't see &PlateOffset in either.

ATC_tool_variables.sbc actually only had two lines, indicating the x and y coordinates of the fixed z-zero plate. I know I've looked at that file before and I seem to remember it being longer than two lines!

I tried restoring my settings using UR but that didn't work.

I was actually just getting ready to uninstall SB3 and reinstall when I saw your reply. Do you think that will solve it? I have a couple custom files which I will backup before doing that as well as saving a copy of atc_variables.sbc. That way I can just cut and paste the coordinates of the tool holders instead of running the routine to find them after the reinstall.

srwtlc
01-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Take a look in the Custom_COPY and Custom_CopyOEM folders in the SBparts folder and see if you have a copy of it there. It may not have the proper values for you, but will have all the missing variables.

Keith Larrett
01-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Take a look in the Custom_COPY and Custom_CopyOEM folders in the SBparts folder and see if you have a copy of it there. It may not have the proper values for you, but will have all the missing variables.

I did not know about that folder. That would have been easier. Thanks for the info.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and ran TS. Things seem to be back to normal again.

Thanks for your help!

srwtlc
01-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Good, glad to hear it!