PDA

View Full Version : "path not found"

precaster
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
just started getting the following error message when i try to zero to the prox. switches, "JH", and zero with the z-plate:

Path not found ( 76)
Line - 0:C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ShopBot_Network_Share\harri steeter\cy12\*.sbp\Custom3.sbc

The "harristeeter\cy12" part is from one of our job files, and it seems strange that info would come up when trying to key in those functions. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks - Rob

tony_g
11-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Hello Rob.
I am new to shopbottools. (I don't even have my router yet). Part of my job as a CNC technician is fault finding. In simulating some projects, I too have had "Path not found ( 76)" error displayed. However I have overcome this problem.
The first example is the start to a program that will not simulate: ie. "Path not found ( 76)" error.
The second example the start to the same program but slightly modified.

Example 1: (not working. This is the default start of the program by PARTWORKS ).

'SHOPBOT FILE IN MM
IF %(25)=0 THEN GOTO UNIT_ERROR

tony_g
11-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello again Rob.
Sorry, I forgot to turn the router back on at the start of the program.
IT should read something like this.

SA,
&ZUP=5.0000
JZ,&ZUP

'Turning router ON
SO,1,1
PAUSE,2

'Toolpath Name = Profile 6
etc.etc.

This probably has nothing to do with your problem, however, it has solved mine.
Tony

jbc
11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I have found that the exact location of a file must be fully stated when running a file from within a program.

Say I'm running file C:\FOLDER\MASTER.SBP
and want to run CIRCLE.SBP that is in the same folder. I must write the line as:

FP C:\Folder\CIRCLE.SBP
NOT
FP CIRCLE.SBP

Beacuse after using the FE function and selecting a file to edit the SB will remember the file location and apply it to non specific FP CIRCLE.SBP line. It most likely will be looking for the CIRCLE.SBP in the wrong folder.

That maybe something like what you are fighting.

bcammack
11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Use FS to set the default location for where to look for files.

Also, remember the DOS shorthand references of "." and ".."

A single period (".") in a file specification is shorthand for "whereever I am right now" (current folder)

A double period ("..") in a file specification is shorthand for "one level up from where I am right now".

I use indirect references such as this all the time.