PDA

View Full Version : Textured sign with Pine

Simon Anderson
04-19-2018, 04:07 PM
It may be a little extra effort to use pine, but the profit margin is there considering how cheap these panels are from big-box stores. 24x16 inches. Pine board from Menards. Black surface, recessed field, textured with 1/4 ballnose end mill. Polycrylic finish.

A detailed build video is posted on our youtube channel. I'd love it if you checked it out. We publish new content all the time, so subscribe too!

https://youtu.be/_GNrUJl5Pho

guitarwes
04-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Looks nice. I believe there is a MUCH more efficient way to do the textured toolpath where the tool doesn't pickup after everytime that it makes a cut. I think ShopBot made a video on that once. Might want to check the archived ShopBot youtube videos. May save you a ton of time.

Simon Anderson
04-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Looks nice. I believe there is a MUCH more efficient way to do the textured toolpath where the tool doesn't pickup after everytime that it makes a cut. I think ShopBot made a video on that once. Might want to check the archived ShopBot youtube videos. May save you a ton of time.

I'll definitely be looking for that. Thanks! If you happen to find it, I'd love the link.