PDA

View Full Version : Move to ZZero point with Virtual button?

jvosburg
09-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Hi All,

I'm cutting a bunch of tenons and fingerjoints off the end of the Shopbot table using quick release clamps and a bit of 8020. I haven't come up with a reliable way to index the work piece vertically, so I Zzero between each tenon. XYzero is at the corner of the work piece and my Zzero position is near the center of the intended tenon. XYhome is about 6 inches in the +X direction so I can get at the work piece and clamps etc. I'd like to reduce the number of operator inputs a bit.

Current workflow;
1. Clamp the work piece
2. Click keypad, or type SK
3. Type or click "1" to move to memorized position #1 (previously set up as center of tenon)
4. <Escape> to exit keypad
5. Click Zzero button, and perform Zzero process
6. Cut the file

Desired workflow;
1. Position and clamp work piece
2. Click Button to move to memorized position #1
3. Click Zzero button, and perform Zzero process
4. Cut the file (or optionally click another button)

I've been through the forum and have gleaned enough information (thanks member srwtlc) to create a Virtual Button using Button.exe and can get the Keypad up, but can't find a way to pass it a "1" to move to that memorized location.

Can you pass a text string ("1<esc>") to the Keypad with a button file? How do I exit the keypad without the operator typing <escape>?

Is there a better way (than the Keypad) to get to memorized position #1 via an internal variable?

Thanks.
Jeff