PDA

View Full Version : Error 11 "Division by zero"

richy
10-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey all.

Today I was using my shopbot without any problems at all, then suddenly I began to get this "division by zero" error all the time thoughout my cuts...

Does anyone know what would cause this to suddenly start happening or how I can fix it?

Im using shopbot3 with a PRT96 on windows 2000. The PC is a stand-alone with no internet and only has what it needs to cut on it. I haven't had any problems before in the past 6 months with it, so this is odd.

Thanks for any help!

paco
10-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi Richard!

Is this with only a single file or now with all your files? Can you duplicate the behavior with other files too?

Have you reboot the PC and the control box after observing this to see if something got "temporarly corrupted"?

Have you considered doing a Scandisk and a Defragmentation on this hard drive lately?

Is NS stand for Nova Scotia?!

richy
10-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Yup I'm in Nova Scotia.

I managed to solve the problem after about 6 hours of trying different things. I guess something was wrong with my shopbot program, because whenever it got to a CG command in my part file, it would come up with the error.

I deleted shopbot entirely then reinstalled shobot3, and reinstalled the firmware on the control box. This seemed to fix the problem!

paco
10-29-2005, 11:29 AM
So get back to work now!