PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never!

bill.young
01-02-2019, 10:27 AM
I just got a private message that a folder for 2018 was never created for Show and Tell items. I know it's a bit late...Happy New Year to all by the way...but I've just created one for 2018 and also for 2019. Have at it!

Thanks for letting me know John

coryatjohn
01-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Not to be picky but the line at the top of the "Virtual Show and Tell" category has this:

"Show off your latest project for 2017. Folder 2016 is still open for comments."

You could make it generic or change the dates.

"Show off your latest project for this year. Folder for last year is still open for comments."

bill.young
01-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Now that you bring it up, can anyone see a good reason for the Folders from earlier years to be locked for posting? i can imagine someone having a question about a project from 2013, and currently they can't post it.

Anyone see a problem with opening them all up?

Bill

Not to be picky but the line at the top of the "Virtual Show and Tell" category has this:

"Show off your latest project for 2017. Folder 2016 is still open for comments."

You could make it generic or change the dates.

"Show off your latest project for this year. Folder for last year is still open for comments."

Chuck Keysor
01-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Bill, I don't see how it would hurt to open up the old folders. Happy New Year! Chuck

MogulTx
01-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Bill, I don't see how it would hurt to open up the old folders. Happy New Year! Chuck

Bill

I don't see any good reason to have the older posts locked. I have frequently looked back several years at projects and wanted to bring something to the attention of the group to get it entered into the main discussion.... Really have gotten a world of ideas and assistance via this forum. I think it is one of ShopBot's best attributes

Monty

bill.young
01-02-2019, 01:27 PM
I agree. I'll set them free in a little bit

scottp55
01-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Thanks Bill!
Similar situations have happened to me that Monty and others had, and not commenting or being able to pose a question was disappointing.
scott