PDA

View Full Version : Moving Shopbot PRS Stsndard 48x96

groucho
08-30-2020, 12:59 PM
I would like to “slide” my Shopbot over 4’ on a relatively smooth concrete floor. How would I best accomplish this? Should I remove the gantry first and then simply slide it over with the help of a few other people? I probably need to check the levelness of the table before putting the gantry back on if I went this route. Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

evan
08-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Don't think you need to remove the gantry but you will need to check for level and square after moving it. It doesn't take too much force to rack a bolted frame.

fredtoo
08-30-2020, 03:16 PM
I have now moved my 96 x 60 three times with the gantry on. First time was about 1/8th mile with a pontoon boat trailer after removing the lower cross members. 2nd time was 2 miles to my garage completely intact with trailer tongue jacks at all four corners on a 8' x 16' open trailer. Third time was 2 miles to my new shop, again using the jack and trailer method. Each time the table stayed square and only leveling was required. Four feet is child's play ;)

coryatjohn
08-30-2020, 04:56 PM
After I put together my PRS Alpha 60x90x12, I decided to move it across the room. A friend and I just dragged it carefully. It didn't need leveling or any changes since the floor was reasonably flat. Total distance was maybe 10 feet on linoleum tile. I suggest using those "Moving men" type plastic pads for concrete.