PDA

View Full Version : CP ignores Z-scaling on 2.38

ecnerwal
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
I've been using the rather nice Windows preview (in the version 3.1.14 software) to check files at home before running them the shop on DOS and V2.38. I just ran into a surprising glitch - I had called a file with a z-scaling of .6 or so to make it fit the current bit, and all went fine until it hit the first CP command, at which point it bailed to full depth and buried the bit. This looks fine on the windows preview. I tried some air cuts with the Z scaling at .05 and it still went to full depth.

Brady Watson
06-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Lawrence,
I had similar issues with 2.35 and 2.38 with the Z-axis doing funky things. I also had both versions blow-up doing 3D MillWizard files right in the middle...everything just stopped working. In many cases, regardless of the 3D file I ran, it would get the same line error in Preview mode (DOS), but not in Windows. It worked fine in Windows using the preview, but not in the shop.

After updating to the latest DOS version (2.39) I haven't had a problem like either since. Download 2.39 from the SB Support page.

-Brady

ecnerwal
06-29-2004, 08:23 PM
2.38 is the latest for me - I have a PR, not a PRT. Thus far this seems to be the only whacky thing it's done that wasn't there in the the preview (I had some whacky font stuff from the new typesetter tool, but it was there in preview when I looked for it). Probably avoidable by not using z axis moves on CP, and by checking other cut commands (moves seem to scale fine) before calling them to cut depths in files I might scale.