PDA

View Full Version : Z Zero Failure

harve
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Just received my benchtop and am trying to Zero Z. When the bit hits the zero plate, it does not stop, just tries to plow on through until I hit the stop button. I then get a Zero failure message on the screen. When I touch the plate to the bit while while holding it, the #8 input light comes on indicating it is working. What am I doing wrong?

myxpykalix
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Are you sure you have the clip clamped to the router completing the circuit?
Try moving the carriage over an area where you have an open spot. Do a C2 and hold the zero plate and see if it stops when you make contact.

My zero plate is wired to input 4 not sure why yours is on 8 but i'm no expert on wiring the bot.

kfitz
11-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Mike,

Did support ever call you back tonight since you left them a message at 5:05? The z-zero plate may well be wired to the wrong input. It would help if one could find info about the z-zero plate (other than how to attach the holster) in the documentation. I just looked on the website and the only z-zero documentation I could find only pertained to the Alpha.

-Kevin

harve
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Support just called. I had the cable connected to the wrong input. It needed to be on one and I had it on eight. Problem solved. One step closer to bot bliss.

Documentation could certainly be expanded upon. A manual dedicated to the benchtop would be nice. A large percentage of my manual could be discarded. I really have no need for asembly instructions for a full sized machine.