PDA

View Full Version : Cut Mode / Preview Mode Problem

rockytops
04-05-2003, 05:11 AM
The software seemed to be working fine until I changed the units from inches to millimeters and the cut/move speed to a slower value. After that the program would only go into the preview mode regardless of which icon I clicked on the desktop. When I click on the cut icon it displays ‘cut mode’ on the screen while it goes through the initiation checks but then automatically switches to preview mode when they are complete. Help!

pappy
04-05-2003, 09:36 AM
Doug/Karen
Once it comes up and settles on the Preview Mode
then type in "S" "M" and it will switch back to
move/cut.

rockytops
04-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks, think we have sorted that out but have now come up with a new glitch. We're just in the process of starting up so still getting our heads round it.
When I call up FP a second prompt for entering parameters appears and not the part file directory which I am unable to access. It was working fine yesterday. We were just about to cut the shopbot logo as our first little trial run. Any ideas what to do now?

rgbrown@itexas.net
04-05-2003, 05:43 PM
FS sets the directory where the parts files reside.

papadaveinwy
04-05-2003, 07:59 PM
also make sure you are not holding down the enter key for to long as it will go to the second screen which is the fill in sheet for a part file. Set your key touch on your settings on the computer to a slower (harder touch). I know this sound simple but if you have a little dust in the contacts of the keyboard it can cause the same problem (a key sticking), what you should get is 1. type fp, you will see parts directory or A,B,C or a list of files for whatever drive you are into when it is input, 2. then when you select the part file you want and hit enter,3. then you will have a fill in sheet, then hit enter 4. then the paramaters on the regular screen then hit enter again. David in Wyoming

frank
04-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Karen,

Since you changed from inches to millimeters, I suspect what you did is turn off your prompts. The same command "VD" that your used to change to millimeters also turns your prompts off "0" and on "1". Typ VD and enter "1" on the parameter line and all should be well after hitting enter again. Let me know if you are still having any problems.

papadaveinwy
04-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Frank you are so good! never thaought about that David in Wyoming P.S. Always look for the simple!!!

rockytops
04-08-2003, 03:16 AM
Thanks Frank, it worked perfectly. Sure I'll be in touch at some stage... as we're still learning.
Karen