PDA

View Full Version : They really did think of everything...

jeffreymcgrew
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
OK, so one of my proximity switches stopped working the other day.

I checked the connection in the controller and it's good, and I know the gap is set right (and it won't even light up when any metal is under it), and the other switches still work.

So I go through the troubleshooting in the binder, and get to item 5, which is 'did you run over the connection cable and break it?'

LOL. I check the rear cable bundle, and somehow the thinner wire of that proximity switch did get pulled form the bundle and pulled apart right at the splice between the wires of the switch and the longer cable that Shopbot puts on there.

OK, so other than being stupid, I'd like to wire it back up and the binder doesn't say which color wires to what. The colors that come out of the proximity switch don't match the ones that Shopbot uses to go into the controller, and they all pulled apart so I don't know which is which...

Can anyone help me out?

fleinbach
05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Jeff,

You should be able to look at your other prox switch and replicate it's wireing. The prox switch will have 3 wires red, green and black. The red goes on 5V, the green on Grd, and the black on input 3 acording to the book. It does not matter if the wires you are splicing to have differant colors as long as you connect the appropreate one at the control box. In other words if a yellow wire was connected on the 5v terminal at the control box you would splice it to the red wire of the prox switch.

joecmay
05-21-2007, 09:15 AM
brown to red, blue to green, black to black

jeffreymcgrew
05-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey Joe, thanks for that. I wound up calling Shopbot due to another issue, and just asked them. Thanks for posting it here for next time tho.