PDA

View Full Version : Help - Cut sequence problem.

sasapatton@verizon.net
10-17-2003, 07:54 AM
In Partwizard, I was told to select the cuts in the sequence I wanted them cut by holding down the shift key while highlighting. I need to cut my outside cuts first then my internal cuts last so that don't move on me. Does anyone know how to solve this without creating tons of seperate tool paths in one file?

kerrazy
10-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Scott I think you have your order reversed. You may wish to do the outside cuts last. Also The info given is correct. Before you apply your tool path, Shift+ Click your way through your work in the order you wish to have the parts cut then when they are all seleted in the proper sequence apply your tool path.
Dale

kerrazy
10-17-2003, 08:44 AM
If you cut the outside parts first your material will be loose and your parts will move when cutting the inside parts.
Dale

kerrazy
10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
If you like send me the file and I will set it up for you over the phone.
Dale

sasapatton@verizon.net
10-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for responding to my plea for help on cut sequence. You are right. I got my order reversed in my email. I know that I need to cut my inside parts first but I did several tests today and it won't cut them in the order I select them. Frank at shopbot said he has the same problem and doesn't know how to fix it other than create several tool paths and that this sequence issue is not being corrected in the software release that is coming out soon. Creating several tool paths is a problem for me because my shopbot is a waterjet cutting machine not a router and every tool path I create requires a C5 torch off command, which isn't being inserted into my g-code for some reason and I have to insert them by hand and I may not get them all on a large file. They at Shopbot also don't know why my files don't have the C5 commands in them either. Sometimes they show up on real simple cuts and other times they don't. I have to use the plasma post processor to turn my cutting head on and off. If I can't properly order the sequence of my cuts, I am essentially hosed because I will be ruining a lot of good work. Here is a file I tested today and it would not cut in the order I selected them. Also, I have the problem of partwizard not generating tool paths on intersecting lines (especially circles). Do you have this issue too?

Thanks again for your help. Scott Patton

kerrazy
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Scott give me ring 613.733.4472and we can sort it out.
Dale