PDA

View Full Version : Version 3 Op System

ron_roy
12-10-2004, 07:41 PM
I recently loaded OS Ver3 and lost the use of my remote, something I found indisposable, and I lost the edge probe programs. (A)What to do about the remote, (B)Can I just copy the missing files from Ver2.33 and recoup my edgeprobe?

Brady Watson
12-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Ron,
Not sure about the remote...and SB hasn't fixed the probe routine for version 3 yet, so those of us using the PRT can go back to DOS (run Load46.exe to load control box with DOS again) and use it that way. Keep in mind that the SB3 z-zero routine will not work unless you use the one meant for DOS.

I feel sorry for the guys who have Alphas and the probe.

-Brady

srwtlc
12-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Ron,

To get the remote to work, go to 'Values/Display (VD)', 'Keypad Remote', and choose 'ShopBot Inputs'.

Scott

waynelocke
12-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Ron,
I have been dealing with the same thing. In Ver3, after hitting KE to activate the remote, it will not work. However, if you must hit an arrow key to move the axis, the remote will begin to respond. It is a pain to do every time but is supposed to be fixed in the next release which is in beta.
Wayne

ron_roy
12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help, I got the remote to work only need to select the axis using the mouse, I can put up with that for now.

Brady Watson
12-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Looks like version 3.3.11 is out...will have to try the probe out now...

-Brady