PDA

View Full Version : SHOPBOT NOT CONNECTING

pedro
11-06-2004, 12:37 PM
HI
MY SHOPBOT WAS CUTTING A PIECE, WHEN SUDDENLY I GOT THE MESSAGE ¨COMMUNICATION WITH TOOL LOST¨.
I QUIT THE PROGARM REBOTED, AND NOW IT SAYS THAT PORT COM 1 IS ACTIVE BUT TOOOL BOX WAS NOT FOUND.
I FOLLWED INTRUCTIONS ON THE MANUAL, BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.
CURRENTLY I A M WORKING WITH VERSION 2.29,DELETED THE PROGRAM, REINSTALLED IT AND WHEN IT COMES TO ACIVATE THE TOOL BOX USING THE LOAD44.EXE I GET THE SAME MESSAGE PORT COM 1 IS ACTIVE BUT TOOOL BOX WAS NOT FOUND.
PLEASE HELP

Brady Watson
11-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Pedro,
Here are a few suggestions:

1. Make sure fan is working in control box (to cool power supply)

2. Try another serial cable. They sometimes die without warning.

3. Uninstall 2.29 and upgrade to the latest control software for your machine. If it is a PR, then I think you can use v2.28 (check release nots on www.shopbottools.com (http://www.shopbottools.com)), and if you are running a PRT, download v2.39. There are substantial updates in both versions.

Send SB Support a meassage if you cannot get it worked out.

-Brady

pedro
11-06-2004, 04:26 PM
MY SB IS A PRT 96
I GOT A NEW CABLE,
I HAVE CHEQUED THE FAN, ITS WORKING
I UNINSTALLED 2.29 UP GRADED TO 2.35, STILL DOES NOT MAKE COMMUNICATION WITH BOX.
I'M AFFRAID THE MOTHER BOARD ITS GONE.
I'll SED SB A MESSAGE,
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

ChadConway@gmail.com
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
I have a similar problem. I'll be cutting a part and then al of the sudden, a com port error pops up and asks wether I want to reconect, search for other com port,or quit. I hit reconnect and the shopbot doesn't start cutting. I have tried clicking on shopbot help icon and a message pops up and says wether i want to resume or quit. I hit resume and the shop bot starts again from the start of the line it was on, but it starts 1/4in. left of the original zero. Then it cuts for a sec and goes through the process again but this time doesn't move 1/4in. to the left. Please email me with suggestions(ChadConway@gmail.com (mailto:ChadConway@gmail.com)) or just post here.

ChadConway@gmail.com
11-10-2005, 03:36 PM
I have a similar problem. I'll be cutting a part and then al of the sudden, a com port error pops up and asks wether I want to reconect, search for other com port,or quit. I hit reconnect and the shopbot doesn't start cutting. I have tried clicking on shopbot help icon and a message pops up and says wether i want to resume or quit. I hit resume and the shop bot starts again from the start of the line it was on, but it starts 1/4in. left of the original zero. Then it cuts for a sec and goes through the process again but this time doesn't move 1/4in. to the left. Please email me with suggestions(ChadConway@gmail.com (mailto:ChadConway@gmail.com)) or just post here.

Brady Watson
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Chad,
Here are a few things to nail down as a process of elimination:

1. Are you using dust collection? If so, is it grounded to the dust collector? If it is not, this will cause the machine to disconnect as the static electricity discharges. Run a bare copper wire from the dust foot, through the hose back to the DC.

2. What version of the software are you using? If you are not currently runnin 3.4.8 or better, go download it and install it. From what I understand many connection issues have been addressed with this release.

3. More of a 'been there' suggestion than anything else...When you lose connection during a cut, you should not (even though you can) resume the move. I would note the line number that the machine stopped on and write it down. Then tell the machine to go to 0,0. Verify that it is at the Z2 point you defined before running the file. Then, with e-stop or spacebar in arms reach, tell the Z to go to .121" (or whatever your Z-plate works out to be)...then slip the plate under the bit. If it is loose (or goes into material...(hit e-stop!) then you must rezero the Z. Then to get back to where you were before, use the FG command and enter in the line number that you wrote down. Everything should now be dead on the money.

Hope that helps!
-Brady