PDA

View Full Version : Shadow?

erik_f
06-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm working on some signs with some raised lettering...I'm using a linear pocketing function and it seems when it lifts up and starts the left side of a piece or object it starts out a small amount higher in the z then it should and then slopes down to the right height...these seems to be the same with all the pieces on the board. I've looked in the Visual Mill software to see if there are any mistakes in my set up or approach angle...but I can't see any...also it seems if these were in the software it would show up when rendered on Visual Mill...any ideas why I'm gettin these "shadows"?

daveiannone
06-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Erik,
I'm not familiar with Visual Mill but it sounds like the tool is ramping into the cut. I know this is an option that I use in Artcam Insignia to gradually plunge to a certain depth...maybe thats the problem

Dave

erik_f
06-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks David...I checked the settings in Visual Mill, and that wasn't it...seems one of my clamps came loose and the problem was with the hold down and the flexing of the piece as the bit plunged into it...so it was pushing the piece down and then it was spring back up once the cut was underway...

Erik