PDA

View Full Version : Prox Switch Problems

gwilson
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I just moved my PRT96 to my new garage, and getting it set up. Yesterday I got it all wired. I set my gaps for my prox switches then tried them out. The y works but the x does not do anything. I have re checked the gap, checked the wiring in the control box, everyting I can think of, and they worked when I disassembled it. So I think I have a bad switch now. I know I can buy them from SB but I like to compare shop, where else can I get replacments? And if anyone has an what else could be wrong with it let me know.
Thank You
Gerald

fleinbach
09-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Gerald,

I would go over your wiring one more time thoroughly. These things rarely fail and the fact that it is not working just after moving the tool indicates something came loose or was not reattached properly. The gap is pretty critical. When I want to test my prox switches I just hold a piece of metal against it.

Towersonline
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Gerald, Check the prox switch as Frank suggests. The indicator led in the prox switch should illuminate when a piece of metal is held to the face of the prox. Check the wiring one more time if the indicator fails to come on. If you trace the x prox switch back you will find a splice in the cable. Open the splice and check the wires inside. I have seen these wires break in the past.

Ranco Innovations stocks the Sun-x prox switch you need. I think I paid about 30.00 each. You will still need to splice it to the cable I mentioned above.

gwilson
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Thank You, I will check that as soon as I get home.
Thanks Again,
Gerald

gwilson
09-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Update for you guys, sorry it was not sooner. I check the conection where you said and one of the wires were broken. I wired it all back together and it worked just fine. Thanks Again.
Gerald