PDA

View Full Version : ArtCam Pro Problem

joewino
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
When I am trying to create the toolpaths for a piece of vector art that I have imported I get the following message:

"The selected vectors self-intersect. To identify self intersections, group the vectors."

OK - I group them and there are two intersections that have small circles around them. Now I have identified them....what's next? What do I do to correct the problem and create the toolpaths?

Doesn't seem very logical to tell you how to spot the problem, but then not how to solve it.

steve4460
10-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi Raymond

Zoom in to the problem , ungroup, select the trim vectore scissores and the trim the loops, afterwards rejoin the lines and then do your toolpathing .

Bot on

paco
10-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Raymond,

make sure they do not intersect. You either have to move vector(s) or node(s) of it or to cut the intersection in node edit mode to separate the crossing. The vector doctor (green cross right from the text tool) can help you if you have a lot and that they are in fact loops but you'll be better to take this chance to learn about what going on... that's as far as I can help without having the file (vectors).

joewino
10-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

There will probably been a lot more questions from me until I can get to an ArtCam training session.

gus
10-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Ray,

I have had problems with that sort and you can zoom in and still not see a problem. I sometimes go to the node edit mode and insert nodes on both sides of the problem area and delete the node that are shown as a problem and then rejoin the vector by moving a node or drawing in a new line and joining that with the old vector. I have a low buck clip art connection that will give me fits every time I use something out of it. Now Vector Art is clean but once and a while you may have a bad spot but much nicer to work with.