PDA

View Full Version : 4G strange behavior

Jeffsorensen
03-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I upgraded to the 4G a few weeks ago....great investment. All of the sudden this week I am getting a significant number of "limit switch" hit messages. This is happening at apparently random times and at random places. I have verified all the prox. switches and wires and everything seems to be in order. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

richards
03-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Search the forum for advice on how to handle GROUNDING problems. I had a similar problem on my Alpha before I beefed up the entire grounding circuit. (I added large 8-gauge braided wire to connect all axes and all touchable metal parts together.) It's worked perfectly since then.

phil_o
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I had the same problem when I first installed the 4g. I can't remember exactly what I had to change but it was related to "Table Base Coordinates." There was a setting that I had to disable. See Bill's Corner for some info http://shopbottools.com/bill's_corner.htm
I'll check my notes and see if I can find the item. Call or e-mail shopbot support. I'm sure they can help.

Jeffsorensen
03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the direction Mike/Phil. I took all the steps outlined in the grounding instructions and my troubles seem to be gone.