PDA

View Full Version : Text formating in Input or Pause?

harryball
06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Is there any text formating available in, for example, the INPUT command? I have about 6 options and I'd like it to list them

and not 1 2 3 ... and jumbled together.

Robert

paco
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
This is pretty vague... what do you want to achieve?

harryball
06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't know how to make it any clearer...I want to present a list of options to the operator, take the input and proceed accordingly. I want the list presented vertically not as a single text line.

The text portion of the INPUT command offers a way to give the operator a list of options from which to choose. 1, 2, 3 or 4 as an example. When the operator types 1, 2, 3 or 4 that is stored in &cut_set and the program continues.

Right now I get a box with text formatted similar to this...

Which cut set do you wish to run? 1) E2-L 2) E2-R 3) E3-L 4) E3-R 5) E4-L 6) E4-R 7) Quit

That is jumbled and hard to read... I want to add line feeds to get:
1) E2-L
2) E2-R
3) E3-L
4) E3-R
5) E4-L
6) E4-R
7) Quit

Robert

bill.young
06-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey Robert,

There isn't a way to format the INPUT statement on multiple lines the way you want that I know of, but here's a workaround that might do what you need. It prints your table of options in the message window so that the operator can read them from there.

PRINT "Cutting options"
PRINT
PRINT "1) E2-L"
PRINT "2) E2-R"
PRINT "3) E3-L"
PRINT "4) E3-R"
PRINT "5) E4-L"
PRINT "6) E4-R"
PRINT "7) Quit"
INPUT "Look at the list in the message box and type your choice...1-7" &mychoice

Oh yeah, the message window can be moved around and resized the way you want it and it's new location and size will be remembered.

Bill

harryball
06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
cool, that'll do the trick. The operator is my son and I'm trying to make everything as clear as possible... I've already ended up with all left sides and no rights... guess I'd have to cater to only left winged bats :-)

Robert

myxpykalix
06-30-2007, 10:50 PM
But then wouldn't they just fly in circles?